VCC Released

Fair enough Steve. But you shouldn't make all those promises you can't keep. You have been doing it over and over again. Learn from that, don't do it again.
Just say its coming when it's done and thats it

Take a look back.. whenever I say something is coming when its done.. I get assault rifles pointed at my head and a barrage of "can you give an eta????????"... so I give an eta based on the best of my knowledge. Sometimes I'm right, and sometimes I'm wrong.

Ok point taken steven, but when you came here telling us we would have a working version in 30 days, and we waited and waited, watched everyone else get their updates, and waited and waited some more with no decent explanation weeks went by and nothing, so we bitch about it and then you pop up saying hey email me and il give you a build, as if we coulda had it ages ago if we were vocal enough about it, well sorry if we are a little pissed off*but what do you expect from us when you make promises and then don't deliver even after double the length of time you stated.

If you emailed me at slate@stevenslate.com then I have written you back with instructions to get it yesterday. Since now we will have a public release Monday, note that emails written after yesterday regarding WinRTAS won't get a reply since it'll be available in USERS area Monday.

We were told that it would take 30 days for them to correct the PACE issue with WinRTAS. The ETA, which means expected time of arrival, was 30 days. Unfortunately, that 30 days number was off, but its what I was told and what I told people. An ETA is not a guarantee, but I'm not going to use that as an excuse. The straight dope is, we were later than we expected on getting the WinRTAS, but it is done now and will be publicly released. I apologize to anyone who is unhappy about this, and I will try to avoid a mistake like this in the future.

We waited for ProTools native for ages and Mr. Digidesign didn't exactly pop in here to explain the situation. Come on guys, give it time. Having the man himself come here to shed light on things doesn't exactly mean he's deliberately misleading you with ETA's or not giving a crap about his customers, you know :lol:

Question, do you think if you bitched and moaned about a problem with another developer's software.. which I see happen all the time.. do you think the head of that company would come here to the Andy Sneap forum and personally help people out with their issues?

Just something to consider. We're doing everything we can here despite some obstacles that have been out of our reach.

But most important, this plugin still blows my mind every time I use it. I can't believe the mixes I'm getting ITB. Check out George Lynch's upcoming album KILL ALL CONTROL..

Looking forward to hearing more mixes you guys have done with the VCC.

Jesus christ are people still falling for this fake bullshit. You Slate are the most superficial, disingenuous hack ever. You dont give a shit about any of your customers. All you care about is Sales. Please stop treating us like idiots with your superficial sales "techniques"

FUCK enough of this guys, there are alternatives made by REAL PEOPLE

Jesus christ are people still falling for this fake bullshit. You Slate are the most superficial, disingenuous hack ever. You dont give a shit about any of your customers. All you care about is Sales. Please stop treating us like idiots with your superficial sales "techniques"

FUCK enough of this guys, there are alternatives made by REAL PEOPLE

whoa dude back off! Steven is no god, he can't help everyone at the same time.

Oh boy, I thought I had one forum where you weren't gonna stalk me with your paranoid bullshit. Mrfunk/rhythmmaster/msjessicarabbit you have to find a hobby that is more interesting then following me all over the internet and warning people of your insane theories that I'm trying to take over the world via audio plugins. Seriously dude. Buy a fucking puppy, learn origami, read a good book... just do something that is more fulfilling then obsessing over some dude who makes recording tools.

Getting back to reality, I'm working on getting that update out tomorrow. So far the guys who have beta'd it are saying its working really well in WinRTAS.

Oh boy, I thought I had one forum where you weren't gonna stalk me with your paranoid bullshit. Mrfunk/rhythmmaster/msjessicarabbit you have to find a hobby that is more interesting then following me all over the internet and warning people of your insane theories that I'm trying to take over the world via audio plugins. Seriously dude. Buy a fucking puppy, learn origami, read a good book... just do something that is more fulfilling then obsessing over some dude who makes recording tools.

:lol:
Best reply from a company ever! You tell 'em Steven! :)

We waited for ProTools native for ages and Mr. Digidesign didn't exactly pop in here to explain the situation. Come on guys, give it time. Having the man himself come here to shed light on things doesn't exactly mean he's deliberately misleading you with ETA's or not giving a crap about his customers, you know :lol:

Totally different situation,
Digidesign/Avid make a deliberate point of not discussing ANYTHING about unreleased products publicly or even acknowledging its existence until it actually released,
- Most likley to avoid the situation Steven has encountered here.

Anyway, thanks for the info Steven, looking forward to Monday !

Getting back to reality, I'm working on getting that update out tomorrow. So far the guys who have beta'd it are saying its working really well in WinRTAS.

Haha, nice one ;)
Steve, I'm sorry some people are like this.
I gotta admit I'm not a fan of all of your products and I've been having quite some problems , but that's nothing to do with you or with your products not being good...just with my "obsolete" system or just with my taste, and you and your team have always been very helpful and trying to sort things out with my specific problems....granted, some of them were never fixed/adressed (like the "multiple processor CPU-load glitch" of FGX in PT HD on the old macs)...but again, that apparently was my old system or something, your team still really tried to fix it.
Everyone WANTS an ETA, but everyone should also know that the "E" in ETA stands for "estimated"....I don't get the hate...well, it can take longer some times...I'm sure Slate's not doing that to piss anyone off while becoming filthy rich selling plugins.
I really appreciate your being in direct contact to your clients, you shouldn't be flamed like this.

Thanks for releasing the update Steven, il give it a try.
FYI, The files online are downoading without an extention suffix so both the pdf documentation and the update both downloaded on my machine as just "VCC" and i had to manually add .pdf and .zip to the filenames respectivly, you might want to fix that.

The console we'll be adding next is the most colored, and dare I say "fattest" and most flattering of the emulations. Using the mixbuss emulation of the console is also a fantastic two buss application during mastering when you need to add some extra mojo. More on that soon.

Can anyone duplicate the issue with the file extension suffix not downloading? I can't repeat the problem in Safari, maybe its specific to a certain browser?

So...just wondering. How are you guys liking the plugin so far?
I'm about to pull the trigger on this thing. Hoping it's a real game changer. :)

The magic dust wears off soon. It is not necessary but nice. If you have nothing else left to buy then go for it. :)

wouldnt say that.

I think it realy brings something new to the table.

Its my secrect vibe and glue machine

+1

I have had a real love hate relationship with the plugin, but im starting slowly to get a feel for it and on what tracks I like it.

Its IMO not a "insert on everything and be done with it" plugin.. people will also be disappointed if they think the difference is gonna MASSIVE.. its a plugin to take a mix from good to better and not from shit to amazing.

Im not using it on that many tracks now, after a couple of months of usage. I use it on the master bus. Stopped using it on drums because i think it takes away to much separation. I love it on guitars, they get bigger and take away that ugly sharp digital hair.
But they definately gives the mix some vibe :)