• Meh

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

replicated

Threadkiller
Nov 1, 2004
Bumfuck, MI 69666
DHIADW was the first album I ever heard from Nevermore. What's not to like about it? I think it's great, but alot of the Nevermore fans here seem to dis it all the time. I don't understand why. Could someone please explain? What do you guys think of DH?

11%20Skunk%20Train%2045%202-8-2%20right%20front%20l.jpg

It's my favorite album. I can be a sucker for chugging riffs.

It's not too technical but it's not watered down/primitive for Nevermore.

I actually don't have anything against the album itself, but the fact is songs like Beyond Within, Seven Tongues of God, This Sacrament, I Am the Dog got booted of the live show for the sake of Heart Collector and Narcosynthesis has never made me happy.

IMHO ... now that ive heard ALL the albums. I have to say DHIADW is their 2nd weakest. To me POE is weaker. Now before i get crucified let me say this....

POE has too many instrumental noodeling sections. It doesnt sound like a BAND effort. Its more about Jeff and everyone else showing off. Reminds me of Dream Theater.... and it makes me sick.

EOR is Awsome but the production killed it
TGE is the best yet
DNB is amazing all the way through

DHIADW has alot of Chugga Chigga Gugga Chigga, and not much experimentation but its still a great album none the less.

Da Fukn Guru

If it wasnt for the engines of hate solo, DHIADW would be 4th of 5th on my list, but because of that one solo, its 3rd after TGE and EOR. Whenever i take the bus and listen to that song on my ipod, people always look at me weird... it might be because i'm airguitaring the solo.. not sure

poe i awesome but i agree that there is too much 'show off' stuff going on. the album really proved that the guys know how to play their instruments. but songs like this sacrement and next in line and the learning are just so awesome. i also happen to think poe is one of the best production jobs the band's ever had.

My favourite solo on the Dead Heart album is the River Dragon solo, that is fucking sweet. I love this album. I don't find any Nevermore album to be weak. My favourite album is the debut self-titled album because it was the first one i bought when i heard about them. I like the Garden of Gray solo.

I love DHIADW, and to me each Nevermore album is different, each gives me a completely different mood. But what I like most about DHIADW is the whole atmosphere it seems to have.

Also, it has the most amount of catchy songs, I can't find ANYONE that dosen't like this album. I have had so many friends listen to this album, never hearing Nevermore before, and loving it.

I like Dead Heart, but it just seemed like they played the heck out of it.

Is it just me or did they appear to play every show since that CD came out with an abundance of material off Dead Heart?

o_O

DHIADW is good, there's no question about it...but the chugging gets annoying after a while. It's definitely their most commercial album, and not their most technical by far. And they definitely must cut down on the amount of DH stuff they play live. Maybe replace Narco with, oh I don't know, Godmoney or In Memory maybe.

And I do agree with what was said about PoE. Too much instrumental breaks. I wouldn't mind hearing Precognition live though.