wait a minute... what's wrong with DHIADW?

BiatchGuy

tired and rundown
Apr 3, 2002
I notice some around these parts don't like it.. what's wrong with it in your view? I think it's great!

Dunno if it's better than Dreaming Neon Black, which does a much better job at standing the test of time, but it certainly isn't a BAD album!

uh oh, here we go again, d'oh. Anyhoo, I really love the CD. Some people don't like it AS MUCH AS the others because it isn't as technical, to which I agree somewhat, but I think they're overreacting. I don't think anybody here hates it, just some don't think it lives up to the high standards Nevermore set for themselves with PoE and DNB. While, I don't think it is AS GOOD as those, I still love it.

I would not say that it's a BAD album. But in my opinion it's kinda "unlike" Nevermore. when I was listening to it for the first time, I had kinda :guh: face expression. I was surprised, because I wasn't expecting something of that style. The fact is that every single one of their albums is different, and that is what makes them great: to change, but at the same time to stay recognizable. The rhythms and guitar sounds on DHIADW are, as my ears hear them, something completely different. New. Not necesseraly bad.
(Though, PoE is my favourite.)

:cool:

DHIADW is my fav. Nevermore album. Inside 4 walls, River Dragon, and Hate Machine OWN your fucking ass. I don't think they're even leaving behind technicality. I think they're songwriting skills actually developed. On PoE and DNB it was more just steady guitar/drum riffing/beats with warrel howling over 'em. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I LOVE dnb and PoE, but on DHIADW it seeems almost as if the vocals and instrumentation are inter-twined, creating a much better style imo.

*prepares for flaming* :p