When is the last time you've written something by hand?

updog

May 9, 2009
Finland
Signing checks/etc doesn't count.

I can't even remember when I've last written things by hand... The whole concept just feels awkward now.

Kind of alarming to be honest.

Probably a few months back taking notes for something to be honest.

Its weird coming back to writing by hand after you've not done it in ages though, you're right.

handwrite.jpg

Haha, yeah dudes, awesome topic.
I've wrote a shopping list and it looked like a 8 year old kid script.
It was a week ago.

Handwriting is dying a slow death.

Last month when I wrote an entire 150page notebook's worth of notes in 1 week.

You'd think I'd have nice hand writing but you'd be wrong.

Only when taking notes at work(Which isnt very often actually.).. and i got a lovely compliment on my handwriting from my best friend: That it looks like a serial killer has left a note behind. :lol:

I write daily as I'm a bit of a journal keeper. I always have a small notebook with me and I write small little notes about how I'm feeling, what I'm doing, where I am. I got in the habit of doing it daily when I was first diagnosed with Leukemia back in 2004 and since then it has become a form of a daily release of emotions and such. I got the idea when I read Neil Peart's book "Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road" - his journal about the 55,000 mile motorcycle journey he took across Canada, America, and Mexico after the death of his 19 year old daughter (auto accident) and then his wife (cancer) in less than a years time - in it he includes notes from the daily journaling he did and how writing has always been a form of release for him.

I'm also a big letter writer and like the idea of writing with paper and pen to my friends and family - I probably write 3 to 4 letters per week.

Call me old fashion, but it is a way of staying connected in a very intimate and personal way to me.

i also can't remember

i always hated hand writing with a passion
right from the beginning when i was in school, i thought, why? computers can do it better! and i was fuckin right just ahead of my time
my writing style is ugly as fuck, people who see it think i am retarded or something
it doesn't shock me at all that more and more other people find it awkward to write with their own hand, and i wouldn't care if it were to disappear completely, i mean this isn't illiteracy at all,
i hope that in the near future kids are gonna draw more creative stuff instead of letters when they are at school, and learn it on the computer right from the beginning

i'm into writing a bit and try to write by hand as often as possible as it leads to a different way of thinking, IMO.
it's educating in a way.