What Have You Been For The Last Year?

V.V.V.V.V.

Houses Ov Mercury
Jan 20, 2004
Dracut, MA
In this thread, we discuss things we have been/become over the last year and talk about how they've affected us as people...and of course there can be some humor...for instance:

I've been mod here for at least a year now. :p

Also post what you think it's changed about you or something, just to get some talks going (though this board does not really have a problem speaking at all heh).

Things you've been your whole life don't count (alive, a child, a son/daughter, etc.) so try to pick something interesting that defines what you've been doing for at least the past year!

ive become more cynical over the last year. i also joined a new squadron and will celebrate my 1 year anniversary in november. although i havnt spent much time there.
~gR~

I've become much more motivated musically, I've been playing bass again heaps this year after a long period of not being in a band. I joined a prog-metal band in January, played a bunch of gigs, did a recording and travelled interstate to play which was all (well mostly) fun. Of course the band disintegrated about a month ago as bands tend to. :rolleyes: :zombie::p

I'm now playing bass/screaming/growling in the reincarnation of the death metal band I played in in the early to mid nineties. Playing songs you haven't played for 15 years is bizarre.

In the past year, I've made the transition from being in academia to being the the private sector of the economy. During this year, I've been trying to figure out who I really am as a person, how I really should act (in terms of social interaction) and have been pondering questions about the human condition and my ultimate fate on this planet.

I have become an atheist, a mod, a UM staff writer and a sort of teacher for a freshmen uni class...all are pretty freaking sweet

I've become less comfortable in my position as an atheist, having cycles where I think I may go to Hell and cycles where I'm 100 % sure there is no afterlife.
I'm not really sure what my future religious beliefs or lack there of lie, I ted to sometimes worry certain paranormal events have proved there is a Hell but I tend to end up forgetting them asnd going back ao being an atheist comfortably and thus the cycle begins.

I dunno about myself. But I noticed some posters here have become condescending since they've become college students. They think they are smarter than everyone because they are in college. This usually goes away with time, and is usually present mostly in those 18-20. I didn't have such an attitude back when I was in college or grad school, but I knew many who did.

I dunno about myself. But I noticed some posters here have become condescending since they've become college students. They think they are smarter than everyone because they are in college. This usually goes away with time, and is usually present mostly in those 18-20. I didn't have such an attitude back when I was in college or grad school, but I knew many who did.
:rolleyes: As if you know anything...

Over the past year I have become a much more knowledgeable about my atheism as well as become a far better debater about religion and things in general. I have also become a more confident and less shy person, although I still have some work to do :)

Also I couldn't spell knowledgeable without firefox's help :oops:

Me being condescending has nothing to do with being in college, since what I'm being condescending about is Metal, and that has nothing to do with school. I've always been condescending though, but that stems from me being better than most people, and not from any specific event.

Just for clarification.