What Have You Been For The Last Year?

Me being condescending has nothing to do with being in college, since what I'm being condescending about is Metal, and that has nothing to do with school. I've always been condescending though, but that stems from me being better than most people, and not from any specific event.

Just for clarification.

You're from New Jersey. It's commonplace to be condescending if you're from there.

Exactly. most people who show a condescending behavior, only act this way in relation to the music they listen to. There is an elitist dickhead firmly seated in many of us.It's better when he sits there quietly though. I succumb to this behavior too sometimes, although I try my best no to. Nothing particularly productive has ever arisen from this attitude anyway.
Outside of promotion of good bands, that is.But this can be done in a different way.

So have you, like... met anyone from Jersey?

Yes. I have a good friend from Middlesex county that graduated with me in May. My friend's soon to be fiancee is from New Jersey (and she is sassy as fuck. She told an MMA fighter off when she tried messing with her my friend). My uncle's best friend is from New Jersey. My cousin's friend is from New Jersey.

I've met all of them and have talked with them on several occasions since my first meeting.

From my experience, they are condescending the majority of the time.

Does that answer your question?

I graduated, got three degrees, and have remained jobless with said degrees for over six months now! Other than failing in the job world, I've discovered that my own cynicism hampered my relationship with the woman I love; tie that in with severe depression and all around jackassery, it's easy to see why I now call myself shit-for-brains.

Sweet.

Positive things?
Well, I've applied (and gotten accepted) to another Uni. I've become a bit tougher to crack when stress decides to settle around me, and I've gotten far more politically active than I have ever been in my life. I'm thinking about changing my major, maybe towards a science of some sort (physics/chemistry, maybe something specializing in genetic engineering) or political science. I still plan on getting my double bach degree though.

Does that answer your question?

Well yeah.

Anyway, I live right next to the river, so I'm willing to bet that I come into contact with people from New Jersey more often than you do. I don't doubt that you've met people who were both condescending and from New Jersey, but in my experience the two don't seem to be connected.

And Jersey is a pretty shit state, so I'm not sure what they'd have to be condescending about.

Well yeah.

Anyway, I live right next to the river, so I'm willing to bet that I come into contact with people from New Jersey more often than you do. I don't doubt that you've met people who were both condescending and from New Jersey, but in my experience the two don't seem to be connected.

And Jersey is a pretty shit state, so I'm not sure what they'd have to be condescending about.

I'm sure there are New Jersey natives that aren't condescending. I guess it just turns out that the people I've met from New Jersey happen to be condescending to a degree (not when it comes to music, either). Dodens is probably the most condescending I've encountered though.

New jersey people can be extremely condescending.

I've become a metalhead (which is a momentous accomplishment imo)
I've also become well pretty well read too

Exactly. most people who show a condescending behavior, only act this way in relation to the music they listen to. There is an elitist dickhead firmly seated in many of us.It's better when he sits there quietly though. I succumb to this behavior too sometimes, although I try my best no to. Nothing particularly productive has ever arisen from this attitude anyway.
Outside of promotion of good bands, that is.But this can be done in a different way.
And then people start determinning which bands are acceptable and that makes certain people lie about their favorites in order to appear to have good taste, which is a horrible thing to happen, and no I havent done that, SFU and Mortician are in my sig.:lol::p

And then people start determinning which bands are acceptable and that makes certain people lie about their favorites in order to appear to have good taste, which is a horrible thing to happen, and no I havent done that, SFU and Mortician are in my sig.:lol::p

That'll change though. Once you increase your musical repertoire, you'll get bored with some bands. It's like how I'm getting bored with certain metalcore bands right now while getting into black metal.