What have you been listening to?

Southy

Proud Brisbane Metaller
Jul 28, 2001
Brisbane,Australia
Visit site
Quiet around here, thought I would start a thread, so what have you been listening too?

Me it's been Crowbar, Down, and Cavalera Conspiracy of late with some Beastie Boys thrown in for good measure, get that up ya ya fucking Khyber :kickass:

been listening to my vast vast (vast) MP3 collection but what has caught my ear of late has been Deep Switch - Nine Inches of God! (from the album of the same name), Sinestesia - Little Witch (from their self titled album), Silent Stream of Godless Elegy, Onmyouza (Japanese Visual Kei band) and a few other little tracks when I'm in the mood.

I've been listening to a bit of Black Crowes lately, and have found Black Stone Cherry's album to be a good one to listen to on the way to work.

Vanishing Point - The Fourth Season. Over and over and over again. And again. It's a fucking top album. I really need to get some more. And it's all thanks to a Maiden support slot.

Aside from that, I just stick my entire library on random and see what happens.

Ah, and I've listened to Eminem a few times recently too.

Onmyouza (Japanese Visual Kei band)

This is a genre I heard about literally just today, and I think I'm going to have to dig deeper into it. Versailles and another band that I've got bookmarked on my other computer.

This is a genre I heard about literally just today, and I think I'm going to have to dig deeper into it. Versailles and another band that I've got bookmarked on my other computer.

http://japanvisualkei.blogspot.com great blog to check out some other Visual Kei bands.

Recommend Hizaki's Grace Project (the guitarist from Versailles other band), X-Japan (the originators of Visual Kei), Sex Machineguns, Aikaryu, Malice Mizer, Moi Dix Mois & Dir en Grey for starters.

all of them can easily be found on Youtube as well.

For reference to other people, this is a good reference to what Visual Kei is.
Teru from Versailles:
34810130lh9.png

Samael - Eternal is a brilliant album, and Solar Soul has gotten its hooks into me as of late as well.
Fight - I bought the DVD with the doco and live set and the remaster of War Of Words. I never realised Rob wrote that entire album himself. Brilliant. Been listening to it lots while I wait for the Priest box set I bougth off ebay to turn up.
Dark Tranquillity - hadn't listened to them in a while, until I had a marathon a couple of days ago and now have songs stuck in my head.

I like what I have heard of Apocalypso on triple J this week.

Daddy Cool. Blondie. Kate Bush, Spandau Ballet, Faster Pussy Cat, Saxon ... and one Thunder song " Love walked In" .. need to get some Thunder...

Thunder's awesome. I've only heard two albums (their first two) and the first one, Back Street Symphony, is one of my all-time faves.

downloaded this recently and it's very odd and interesting compared with Portishead's previous two releases.
Especially considering it is ten years after their last album.

what do you think of it, Josh?

I love it actually, it's pretty much the evolution that was coming with dummy even if they hadn't waited a decade to do it.

The Ohio Players, Sly & The Family Stone, Eazy E, and an early 80s Italian disco-pop artist called Den Harrow - he is a champ!