Hank III CDR Compilation
SIX Feet Under-13 sampler
Johnny Cash-Murder
Just Added to the rotation Today:
BLS-Mafia
Zakk Wylde-Book of Shadows
Sex Pistols-Filthy Lucre
Soilwork-Stabbing the Drama

I've been mega busy with work lately so I've gone through about half my damn catalogue lately (I get to drink beer and rock out when I'm working!).

But the albums that keep getting repeat listens include my newer ones:

Wolf - Evil Star
Overlorde - Snow Giant
Mezarkabul - Unspoken
Astral Doors - Evil is Forever
Mob Rules - Among the Gods
Dead Soul Tribe - January Tree
Threshold - Subsurface
Nightwish - Once
Jon Oliva's Pain - Tage Mahal

And recent albums that are always high on play list:

Cage - Darker Than Black
Mob Rules - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Astral Doors - Of the Son and the Father
Tad Morose - Matters of the Dark
Lefay - Seventh Seal
Ayreon - The Human Equation
Evergrey - The Inner Circle
Wuthering Heights - Far from a Maddening Crowd

I've also been on a John Arch kick the past couple weeks. Can't seem to stay away from the first three Fates Warning albums or John's solo deal, A Twist of Fate. Personally, I think that man is god on vox.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I've also been on a John Arch kick the past couple weeks. Can't seem to stay away from the first three Fates Warning albums or John's solo deal, A Twist of Fate. Personally, I think that man is god on vox.

TSO my friend I couldnt Agree with you more! John Arch is a Fantastic Singer .... I personally Feel his Vocals on "Twist .." are his Best Ever! I hope we get more than just a ep next time!

JonnyD said:
TSO my friend I couldnt Agree with you more! John Arch is a Fantastic Singer .... I personally Feel his Vocals on "Twist .." are his Best Ever! I hope we get more than just a ep next time!
Oh, I agree JD. The vocals on Twist are spot on; best ever. The songwriting ain't too shabby either!

The fact that he hasn't been making music these past twenty years is a crime against nature. I am so happy he's finally heard the call and returned to writing and recording. If he actually does release a full length album I will be the first one in line to buy it!

Oh, I agree JD. The vocals on Twist are spot on; best ever. The songwriting ain't too shabby either!

The fact that he hasn't been making music these past twenty years is a crime against nature. I am so happy he's finally heard the call and returned to writing and recording. If he actually does release a full length album I will be the first one in line to buy it!

The songwriting is Great! ...his Lyrics really paint a picture in your mind and you can relate to alot of the things he's saying ... its Fantastic and will prolly remain in my personal top 20 for years to come! ... though if he does release a full length album ...your going to have to beat me to the front of that line! :loco:

JonnyD said:
The songwriting is Great! ...his Lyrics really paint a picture in your mind and you can relate to alot of the things he's saying ... its Fantastic and will prolly remain in my personal top 20 for years to come! ... though if he does release a full length album ...your going to have to beat me to the front of that line! :loco:

Well, since we live on separate ends of the country, chances are we'll each be standing in a different line. That's good because I'd hate to engage in fisticuffs with a friend!

I stand beside you in the opinion that nobody paints a picture better with his voice than John Arch.

stand beside you in the opinion that nobody paints a picture better with his voice than John Arch.

His lyrics are also very good. I can alway see what he sings about. Very unique! :worship:

Here, Here, Hawk! Praise Arch and Amen! :worship:

:)

As for good lyrics I love those of Neil Peart. They read like a small well written story. And I just love the themes he is discussing; personal freedom and alienation from the world around you. It kinda weird because although I love the music of their earlier period, in general more than what they did later, their lyrics were getting better around the beginning of the 80s IMHO.

Perhaps albums like "Signals" "Grace Under Pressure" and "Power Windows" are not among the favorite Rush albums as far as metal heads are concerned, they speak to me not just through their music, but also through their lyrics. I consider the lyrics on those albums the best Peart has even written. On these particular albums he succeeds to blend the intellectual with the emotional almost perfectly. This is one of the reasons that "Power Windows" is my favorite Rush album. :)

Another band that has some strong lyrics, although you might not expect it from them, is Anacrusis. Not in all songs but there are songs were the lyrics really shine.

Well, since we live on separate ends of the country, chances are we'll each be standing in a different line. That's good because I'd hate to engage in fisticuffs with a friend!

Very Good Point! :D

I stand beside you in the opinion that nobody paints a picture better with his voice than John Arch.

I can still remember popping "ATwist of Fate" in for the first time ... Thinking to myself "Man I dont know 30 mins for 2 songs!" but I was blown away instantly! When that guitar starts and his Voice starts its Hypnotic! and then he puts his life up there for the whole world to see! Each Musical movement paints a new picture in your mind! hahaha it was certainly one of the best 12.99's I ever spent! :headbang:

Beholder
Solitude Aeturnus
Venom
Judas Priest
Abattoir
Heathen
Helloween

JonnyD said:
I can still remember popping "ATwist of Fate" in for the first time ... Thinking to myself "Man I dont know 30 mins for 2 songs!" but I was blown away instantly! When that guitar starts and his Voice starts its Hypnotic! and then he puts his life up there for the whole world to see! Each Musical movement paints a new picture in your mind! hahaha it was certainly one of the best 12.99's I ever spent! :headbang:
I still remember the summer that came out. Twist of Fate was a godsend for me. I was spending two weeks back home in Montana and I hadn't brought alot of cds with me because I was pressed for room and I didn't know if the rental car would have a cd player in it. Turns out the rental had a KICK ASS stereo system. The four cds I brought soon wore thin so I hit the local record store to see if I could land me some new tunes to tide me over until I flew back south. I was shocked to see Twist of Fate sitting front and center, right there in the "A"s. Naturally I elbowed my fellow patrons aside and snatched it up. The fact that it was only two songs and thirty minutes long concerned me. After all, I needed the most music I could get considering I still had ten days left on vacation. I would've loved to purchase some giant 2 disk rock opera or something to keep me interested. But I had to go with John Arch because...well, he's god.

Turns out I needn't have worried. Twist of Fate was so fantastic that I was able to spin it time after time for the entire ten days without losing a fraction of interest. I fell in love with it at first listen and it still holds the same fascination for me today. I never fail to be entertained by ToF, no matter what mood I'm in.