What have you guys been listening to lately?

Cea Serin - Where Memories Combine
Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Ohm - Live On Kpfk 90.7 Fm
Styx - Pieces Of Eight
Mors Principium Est - Inhumanity

Just played Power Games from Jaguar ... Damned, why did they spoil that talent on their next shitty albums...

carnut said:
Just played Power Games from Jaguar ... Damned, why did they spoil that talent on their next shitty albums...
Man! You are sooo right about that. There were really on the rise in the early 80s. I seen them live a few times and they were briliant!

They are back btw. Their style is NWOBHM again and they rock. I saw them at Wacken 2000 and they were great!

http://www.jaguar-online.com/

carnut said:
Disagree. "This Time" is indeed a weak AOR album unworthy of them. But "Wake Me" and especially "Run Ragged" are awsome pieces of relentless heavy metal.

Hawk said:
Man! You are sooo right about that. There were really on the rise in the early 80s. I seen them live a few times and they were briliant!

They are back btw. Their style is NWOBHM again and they rock. I saw them at Wacken 2000 and they were great!

http://www.jaguar-online.com/

oh yeah, newer samples rock again..... thnx for the link Hawk !

Last few days:

Wolf, Well Of Souls, Death Angel, Jorn, Shaman, Blackmore's Night, Misery Inc, Avenger, Warhead, Warfare, Trouble, Black Widow

Wicked Child said:
PURE SPEED METAL!!!!!

Blind Guardian-Batallions Of Fear
Running Wild-Gates Of Purgatory
Helloween-Walls Of Jericho
Gamma Ray-Land Of The Free
Grave Digger-Heavy Metal Breakdown
Agent Steel-Skeptics Apocolypse

:headbang:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
THAT IS FUCKING GREAT! Amazing list my friend. I am a huge fan of all of those bands. They are all amazing in their own right. Grave Digger fucking rule. On June 3 I am flying out to Cleveland, Ohio from NJ to see them at the BW&BK 6 pack weekend. Primal Fear, Seven Witches, Brainstorm, Doro, Flotsam and Jetsam and Metal Church are also playing the fest which is great but Grave Digger is the band that made me decide I am going. They are legends and one of my all time favorites.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

As for what I have been listening to....

Edguy - Hellfire Club
Kotipelto - Coldness
Death Angel - The Art Of Dying
Morbid Angel - Heretic
Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden
Brainstorm - Soul Temptation
Metalium - Chapter 4 As One

Today I am in a Vanden Plas mood. Once I get into that mood, you couldn't pay me to listen to something else. It's great when you can put on a five year old song you have played to death and een with a big CD collection 30 seconds into the song, it reminds you again why you love that band so much. Vanden Plas is kicking my ass right now.

Bryant

new playlist for the week-end :

Into Eternity - Buried into Oblivion
Balance of Power - Heathen Machine
Uriah Heep - Look at Yourself
Scorpions - Unbreakable

My new playlist...

Guns N' Roses

...haven't been listening to anything but them for the past 3/4 days... especially Don't Cry and Estranged.

Hawk said:
Your welcome, graag gedaan :)

Let's not use the Dutch too much Hawk, the guys will go crazy figuring out what we tell :loco:

Tot wederhoren !

PS; ik woon niet te ver van Eindhoven (Balen, naast Lommel) , ken je per toeval de jaren' 80 metal mags "Sucks" en "Metal Eruption"? Daar werkten we aan mee !

Right now I am listening to a killer compilation put out by Nuclear Blast Records in 1999. It is called "A Tribute to Accept" and has some of the most killer true metal bands covering the mighty Accept.

1. Sinner - "Balls To The Wall"
2. Hammerfall featuring Udo Dirkschneider - "Head Over Heals"
3. Tankard - "Son Of A Bitch"
4. Steel Prophet - "Fast As A Shark"
5. Sodom - "I'm A Rebel"
6. Primal Fear - "Breaker"
7. Atrocity - "Shake Your Heads"
8. Axxis - "Flash Rockin Man"
9. Grave Digger - "Starlight"
10. Seven Witches - "Monsterman"
11. Therion - "The King"
12. Tarot - "Generation Clash"
13. Metalium - "Burning"
14. Pegzsus - "Restless and Wild"
15. Watchtower - "Run If You Can"
16. Rykers - "London Leatherboys"
17. New Eden - "China Lady"
18. Sacred Steel - "Fight It Back"
19. Dimmu Borgir - "Metal Heart"

Killer stuff! :headbang:

TheGraveDigger said:
Right now I am listening to a killer compilation put out by Nuclear Blast Records in 1999. It is called "A Tribute to Accept" and has some of the most killer true metal bands covering the mighty Accept.

That's one of the best tribute albums in my opinion! That disc was stuck in my player for a looong time. :)

Bryant, I assume you have this disc... right? If not you should check it out, it's worth it.

Damn GraveDigger, you got me wanting to plop that thing in my player right now. :)