What have you been listening to lately?

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I still remember the summer that came out. Twist of Fate was a godsend for me. I was spending two weeks back home in Montana and I hadn't brought alot of cds with me because I was pressed for room and I didn't know if the rental car would have a cd player in it. Turns out the rental had a KICK ASS stereo system. The four cds I brought soon wore thin so I hit the local record store to see if I could land me some new tunes to tide me over until I flew back south. I was shocked to see Twist of Fate sitting front and center, right there in the "A"s. Naturally I elbowed my fellow patrons aside and snatched it up. The fact that it was only two songs and thirty minutes long concerned me. After all, I needed the most music I could get considering I still had ten days left on vacation. I would've loved to purchase some giant 2 disk rock opera or something to keep me interested. But I had to go with John Arch because...well, he's god.

Turns out I needn't have worried. Twist of Fate was so fantastic that I was able to spin it time after time for the entire ten days without losing a fraction of interest. I fell in love with it at first listen and it still holds the same fascination for me today. I never fail to be entertained by ToF, no matter what mood I'm in.

:) thats a good story I cant go 15 feet from the house without atleast 50 cds on me hahaha I I would go Insane! ... Though When I went and got ToF I went up to the music store and Bang there it was right in front ... Excuse the pun but it was like Fate and I totally agree with you I can always pop that cd in and its an amazing listen! I truely love it hahaha ... Have you Heard "Dreamscape - End of Silence" I think you might like it the third song on it Reminds me of ToF its 20 mins long but it keeps your interest :D

JonnyD said:
:) thats a good story I cant go 15 feet from the house without atleast 50 cds on me hahaha I I would go Insane! ... Though When I went and got ToF I went up to the music store and Bang there it was right in front ... Excuse the pun but it was like Fate and I totally agree with you I can always pop that cd in and its an amazing listen! I truely love it hahaha ... Have you Heard "Dreamscape - End of Silence" I think you might like it the third song on it Reminds me of ToF its 20 mins long but it keeps your interest :D

Yup! I have Dreamscape - End of Silence and I think it kicks ass. I'm not much of a Dream Theatre fan, and most people consider Dreamscape as a DT clone. But I love Dreamscape...it's way heavier and they focus on melody and feeling rather than wankery like DT so often does.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Yup! I have Dreamscape - End of Silence and I think it kicks ass. I'm not much of a Dream Theatre fan, and most people consider Dreamscape as a DT clone. But I love Dreamscape...it's way heavier and they focus on melody and feeling rather than wankery like DT so often does.

YEP!!!! I agree With Every word!!! hahaha when I first heard em I was like Eh They sound like DT then I saw em at PPV ....still wasnt convinced that was september and it took me till this month to Actually *really* listen to them and Now I cant get enough hahaha When they Pound they POUND ... and as for DT's Wankery ugh.. I got Images and Words after hearing "Pull me Under" .. which is a Fantastic song only to find the rest of the album to be much less Metalic hahaha in other words I hated it hahaha they are such a great bunch of musicians it almost hurts to listen to em

sixxswine said:
Fucking Love them. I submitted a review of their last record to Metal Sludge.
I Also just sent them one of the new Priest! The seem to use what I send so, what the fuck! I love I.E. they have just about every metal sub-genre in their sound!!!!!!

hehehe I see your Reaction was just like mine! The First time I heard "Buried in Oblivion" My Jaw hit the Floor! .. that doesnt happen often maybe once or twice every 6 years or so ... Man those Harmonised Vocals Crossed with Black/Death Vocals is Awsome! ... I love the songs "Buried in Oblivion and Black Sea of Agony" That is some EPIC shit! ... and the sad part is They played Progpower and I was late and missed them! hahaha yeah Into Eternity is Fucking Awsome!!!!

Gordian Knot
Hallows Eve (a lot)
Warlock
Judas Priest (new album)
Steve Vai
Aina

Exodus (The new cd is unreal!!!)
Motorhead (Same thing here)
Suicidal Tendencies
Hatebreed
Ozzy
Slayer
S.O.D.
Judas Priest
Death Angel

Wyvern said:
Gordian Knot
Hallows Eve (a lot)
Warlock
Judas Priest (new album)
Steve Vai
Aina

Hawk said:
His lyrics are also very good. I can alway see what he sings about. Very unique! :worship:

The intertwining of the DNA strand, family relationships, and talking about heredity in nature (...a bird in the cage sings a beautiful song 'cause it's bound by the strand), is more or less genius in my eyes.

A lot of Rainbow ,Saxon Lionheart and Helloween keeper of the 7 keys . My first Helloween record and i really think its awesome.... looking forward to picking up a few more

As I mentioned in a different thread, I just picked up Eldritch's "El Nino". Hadn't heard their stuff before, so I decided to take a chance and grabbed it. There are a couple lack-luster tracks, but for the most part the album was well-written and enjoyable to listen to. Not many tracks I'd skip over. The stuff isn't by any means ground-breaking, but it's not bad, either. I suspect it's something that might grow on me the more I listen to it.