What have you been listening to?

I've not heard of it. What is it exactly?

What do you think of Angel Down? I've not got it yet.

Frameshift is a side project by some prog-rocker that I don't know. The first Frameshift album included James Labrie. The second is all Seb. Before it's release there was somewhat of a shit fight between Seb and the other dude regarding the mixing... Anyway - the album is great, and the vocals amazing!

Sebastian Bach's solo album is entertaining for a while, but I bored of it quickly.

Bolt Thrower (Ivth Crusade atm), Pentagram, WASP, Hymen Holocaust, Motorhead, Kreator, Avulsed, Judas Priest.

Running Wild (blazon stone, pile of skulls) & Grave Digger - The Reaper
:headbang:

I have been reading stellar reviews of the new Testament, so I will have to pick that up soon. Low was in my playlist for a while there a few months ago.

Currently listening to "Death Angel - Killing Season" a fair bit, took me longer to get into than The Art Of Dying, but is great thrash.
Also, Galloglass' "Heavenseeker" is one brutal power/speed metal album. I haven't heard the latest LORD material, but I imagine there would be similarities here. Carsten Frank is almost LTs voice twin. I think you could trick many people into thinking the 2 bands were one in the same. Awesome stuff.

been listening to heaps of Cynthia Witthoft lately.

Polish guitarist who has been making music since the early 90's yet I can't find any info on her online.
pure instrumental stuff but really interesting -especially when she steals riffs so blatently but uses them in interesting ways.

now listening to the new Ayreon like nothing else.
it rock! :headbang:

I listened to a lot of Testament yesterday - two best-ofs, Days of Darkness and First Strike Still Deadly, and The Gathering - to see if I feel like seeing them in September or whenever they're coming. I'm inclined to skip them.

I do have their new one but haven't listened to much of it yet.

I got Megadeth's DVD, That One Night yesterday. Only $12 at JB. Pretty awesome stuff - the South Americans go nuts for metal!

Mindless self indulgence.... cant get this song out of my head

Last edited by a moderator:
Dio - Killing the Dragon - nice and old school, if you've not heard and like his early works you should check it out.

Just changing disc now to Priest - Unleashed in the East

I've been listening to a lot of progressive and technical death metal.

ie:

The Amenta
Zyklon
Akercocke
Nile
Aeon
Aborted
Decapitated
Defiled etc

also some Strapping Young Lad, Blind Guardian and Enslaved

Also, does anyone use last.fm? I'm on there as Wiggmortem

hahha very old school when was that recorded 2004/05 was'nt it hehehhehe Good old Dio :headbang::headbang:
Yeah, it really does sound old school, I was impressed. :headbang: Its inspired me to look into his other releases - for the longest time, the last Dio i had bought was Dream Evil.

hahha very old school when was that recorded 2004/05 was'nt it hehehhehe Good old Dio :headbang::headbang:
Yeah, it really does sound old school, I was impressed. :headbang: Its inspired me to look into his other releases - until recently, the last Dio i had bought was Dream Evil.

yeah i an not knoocking its a bloody fansatic recording , yes i agree actully that was the last i brought of his , no I got Magicia its quite good to .... and the Live one um " Dio's Inferno Last In Live ·