What have you been listening to?

I am looking forward to the Warrell Dane album...I heard a song on triple J and quite liked it...much more heavy power metal than Nevermore which is interesting. Made me chuck on some Nevermore the other day which was good.

I bought the Heaven & Hell live box set yesty, can't wait to crank that shit when I get a chance.

Samael are still ruling my cd player. Ooo yeah.

Wow, I didn't know he was doing an album. Is it all new sounding stuff?

I love Sanctuary, way better than Nevermore!

Wow, I didn't know he was doing an album. Is it all new sounding stuff?

Yeah, except for the two covers (the afore mentioned Sisters of Mercy song & a Paul Simon cover) but has guest appearance by former and current band mates too, so it blends a new style with more classic stuff that Warrel has done but isn't that akin to Nevermore musically.

The heavier songs are like a less progressive Nevermore but the quieter ones are very different. The covers are just fillers if you ask me, but the originals are all pretty good. Dane's lyrics are darker than ever, and that's saying a lot.

Dane's lyrics are darker than ever, and that's saying a lot.

Lot more personal too.

Lot of stuff about his brother, father, mother & grandfather and how their death seriously affected him (Brother & This Old Man) and even some lyrical references back to his experiences and emotions that helped to write Dreaming Neon Black and the death of his friend after she joined a cult (August).

Still listening to this album and getting more and more out of it with each listen.

Definitely going to be a long stayer in CD rotation once my full order comes through (my promo copy doesn't have good sound quality to it unfortunately).

I'll have to get my grubby hands on a copy of that me thinks, I actually went to JB at the weekend and managed to walk out with nothing, I wanted stuff, just convinced myself I didn't neet it, I felt such a sellout

been listening the the (Charlie) Dominici O3 Trilogy and really liking it.

Part one is awesome solo acoustic stuff, part 2 is very Mindcrime-like (with spoken parts) but lost me half way through the story and 3 is full prog-metal.

the conclusion to the story miffed me a little but overall it's nice and solid and interesting to hear first song to last.

Has anyone mentioned/heard Frameshift 2 - the one with Sebastian Bach.
Excellent stuff!! :headbang:

Much better than Angel Down.

I've not heard of it. What is it exactly?

What do you think of Angel Down? I've not got it yet.

I got the new Def Leppard album, Songs from the Sparkle Lounge, last Friday. Despite the awful title it's pretty damn good (at least the first half - haven't listened to the whole thing yet). Parts of it are nice and heavy, which we haven't heard from Da Leps in many years.

Salute
The Saints (always)
Cauldron Black Ram and Rookwood's new albums have been getting spun on account of their recent show here.
Bolt Thrower
Greenmachine