What music have you been digging of late?

After seeing their latest album is charting rather well I realised that I hadn't listened to Lord in YEARS (since just after the rebrand from Dungeon, in fact) so I've been listening to them a fair bit this week. Awesome stuff, of course.

Yeah, we're a top 20 band now - we're practically The Spice Girls (I'm Sporty Spice, in case anyone was wondering). :)

Nah, I'm stoked it's doing so well (seriously - we got into the ARIA charts, that's crazy!), but even more stoked that people like your good self are enjoying it so much - the reaction has been incredible! Bit o' trivia, considering what forum we're on, the Japanese edition of the album has a cover of Judas be my Guide, which was heaps of fun to do. There's a good chance that'll end up making its way into our store down the track if anyone wants to pick it up!

I just saw that! Is there anywhere official one might be able to hear it before then? I could order it from Japan, I guess

In hindsight it really surprises me that Judas Be My Guide was never released as a single. It’s up there with Wasted Years as a perfect commercial metal song, accessible to non metal fans but fine for metal fans, and it’s also awesome.

That and Chains of Misery are the hidden gems of that album, IMO, but they were both super sloppy. Dunno what Nicko was doing around that period but it was all pretty loose. I think if the production and performance was on point, I agree - Judas would have been a killer single!

There's kind of nowhere to hear our cover of that just yet - contractually we have to give Japan first dibs on whatever they want to do with that, at least in the short term. But seeing as we run our own label and have control over everything now (unlike in the past when we were at the mercy of every other asshole) I'd say it may surface sometime in the near future. :)

I’ve listened to Wicked Sensation by Lynch Mob a few times today. I’ve never listened to them before but the title track came on in one of my daily mixes on Spotify. What an awesome album it is.

I've still gotta actually buy the Lord album (on my to-do list), but have been listening online. Impressive!

I'll check out Wicked Sensation as well.

I dig Wicked Sensation. On the album after that, Lynch changed over to his Screamin' Demon pickups and went for a much more minimalist style, and completely buried the solos in the mix too. It just lost all of the fire the first album had.

I’ve been listening to a bit of country lately. It seems the style of country I grew up on (60s, 70s and some 80s) is now called Americana, because what they call country now sure isn’t country to me.

Anyway, there’s a new country supergroup (but I guess you’d call them Americana now) called The Highwomen (Brandi Carlile, Amanda Shires, Natalie Hemby and Maren Morris) who released their debut album last week and it’s pretty rad. I had heard of Brandi Carlile but hadn’t listened to her but I’ve been listening to her latest album “By The Way, I Forgive You” a lot and it’s great. I knew Amanda from her work with hubby Jason Isbell. Didn’t know the other two,