When was the last US tour?

obsoleet said:
whens the last time symphony x toured the US.

Ive been wanting to see them live but it seems I never get a oppertunity.

Any word on the next US tour?
I think the last tour was end of 2003/beginning of 2004. I saw them in Phoenix in November of 2003.

weenur said:
I think the last tour was end of 2003/beginning of 2004. I saw them in Phoenix in November of 2003.
Holy crap...They played at the Mason Jar?! Esshh... A band like Sym X deserves a larger venue than that... If they tour this year and come to Arizona, it would be nice if they could play at the Venue of Scottsdale or something. But no matter what, I'm going to see them. :)

BTW...They had a short tour around the midwest-east coast (IL, MI, OH, NY, NH, NJ, PA, and MA) in April of 2004...But that doesn't really count (as far as I'm concerned) as a "US Tour".

I heard Devin Townsend opened for them last time. I would have killed to go to that show. Too bad I never heard of SX at that time.

The show at the Jar was awesome. By far, it was the best show I've seen, barring the last Iron Maiden show I went to. Devin was awesome, too. That show is what got me to start listening to Devin. I have some pics from the show. Most came out like crap because $300 digital cameras can't hold a candle to a traditional SLR. I'll throw them up on my website soon, and post a link.

I kind of liked seeing them at the Jar because I was right in front of them. In a bigger venue, I'd probably not get to be that close. Where in Scottsdale would they play? The Cajun House closed down, and it was probably the largest of the clubs in Scottsdale that I know of.

weenur said:
The show at the Jar was awesome. By far, it was the best show I've seen, barring the last Iron Maiden show I went to. Devin was awesome, too. That show is what got me to start listening to Devin. I have some pics from the show. Most came out like crap because $300 digital cameras can't hold a candle to a traditional SLR. I'll throw them up on my website soon, and post a link.

I kind of liked seeing them at the Jar because I was right in front of them. In a bigger venue, I'd probably not get to be that close. Where in Scottsdale would they play? The Cajun House closed down, and it was probably the largest of the clubs in Scottsdale that I know of.

Unless it happened in the last few months, I don't think that the Cajun House was closed down, they just changed the name to "Venue of Scottsdale". I'm pretty sure they didn't close it, because they still have a number of events going on; Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy, Mnemic, and Soilwork are supposed to play there on April 17th, and Nightwish and Sonata Arctica on May 4th (but I don't know if that date is official). www.cajunhouse.com

Katalepsy said:
BTW...They had a short tour around the midwest-east coast (IL, MI, OH, NY, NH, NJ, PA, and MA) in April of 2004...But that doesn't really count (as far as I'm concerned) as a "US Tour".
Of course it counts as a tour, they were opening for Queensryche. Granted it was a short tour, but it was a tour all the same. Roughly two weeks worth of dates all in April of 2004.

Glenn

WhoFooldU said:
Of course it counts as a tour, they were opening for Queensryche. Granted it was a short tour, but it was a tour all the same. Roughly two weeks worth of dates all in April of 2004.

Glenn

What I meant was the fact that they didn't even touch the western half (and the south-eastern, really) of the US during the tour... Which sucks, because I would have loved to see them... So that's why I threw in that paranthetical phrase "(as far as I'm concerned)". I didn't mean it literally, my bad.

i live in winnipeg, it's in central canada. we would NEVER get a band like symphony x to come here. last big act? Hilary Duff...sold out in 2 hours. So a friend and i flew to Toronto to see their Odyssey tour in November of 2003 (Devin Townsend opened). It was amazing. The venue, Club Rockitt, was TINY, but it made for an extremely heavy yet intimate show. Shelling out the $300 to see that show was well worth it.

Katalepsy said:
Unless it happened in the last few months, I don't think that the Cajun House was closed down, they just changed the name to "Venue of Scottsdale". I'm pretty sure they didn't close it, because they still have a number of events going on; Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy, Mnemic, and Soilwork are supposed to play there on April 17th, and Nightwish and Sonata Arctica on May 4th (but I don't know if that date is official). www.cajunhouse.com
Ah.. very cool. I thought they had closed down. I'm glad they haven't because I really liked seeing bands there. In that case, SyX should definitely try to get booked there.

Katalepsy said:
What I meant was the fact that they didn't even touch the western half (and the south-eastern, really) of the US during the tour... Which sucks, because I would have loved to see them... So that's why I threw in that paranthetical phrase "(as far as I'm concerned)". I didn't mean it literally, my bad.
It's all good. Besides, lots of bands ingore the south-east. It's just a strange phenomenon.

Glenn

obsoleet said:
whens the last time symphony x toured the US.

Ive been wanting to see them live but it seems I never get a oppertunity.

Any word on the next US tour?
You missed them at Fletcher's near Inner Harbor. The show was great. You must keep an eye on the site for tour dates, I would guess they'll begin again this Fall.

I saw Symphony X and Blind Guardian in Seattle back in Dec of 2002. Blind Guardian's tour bus kept breaking down and they had to cancel a few shows in Cali right after the Seattle show...

I'm glad I picked Seattle to drive to, I almost drove to San Francisco and that was one of the canceled shows.

Pharoah said:
You missed them at Fletcher's near Inner Harbor. The show was great. You must keep an eye on the site for tour dates, I would guess they'll begin again this Fall.

Thats sucks so bad man, Im like 20 minutes from fletchers.. And I bet it was a decent price too.