When you first Heard Dan's Voice

and another classic for y'all
while ye ol' metalheads were listening to Unorthodox
I was a little boy listening to this dutch piece of shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KevkRXoi28
I'm sure I'm not the only one though
this is also the only song i ever remixed...i have my remix on a tape somewhere...unfortunately all of my tape players are busted

and another classic for y'all
while ye ol' metalheads were listening to Unorthodox
I was a little boy listening to this dutch piece of shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KevkRXoi28
I'm sure I'm not the only one though
this is also the only song i ever remixed...i have my remix on a tape somewhere...unfortunately all of my tape players are busted

*laugh* Yeah. Both songs were really popular over here as well at the time. It was never my type of music, but I had a lot of friends that liked them.

Before I started listening to metal (mid 80s for heavy metal, late 80s for extreme metal), I used to listen to Depeche Mode, Howard Jones, Scotch, etc... I actually still enjoy listening to most bands I liked back then. I still have a quite broad music taste (Beethoven, Bel Canto and Burzum are side by side in my CD collection), but I must say that the majority of my CDs are some kind of metal.

I was more a Chopin person myself...Beethoven was too angry for me
and I don't listen to Burzum for obvious reasons...
I discovered extreme metal only in 2001(and emo too but i didn't stick for long)...before that the only metal cd's i had were Metallica's black album and reload
I was into progrock, grunge and numetal in highschool...kind of wierd combination...and i still like most of the music i listened to back then

I was more a Chopin person myself...Beethoven was too angry for me
I think that's part of why I like Beethoven. I love the passion in his music. I enjoy Chopin as well though.
and I don't listen to Burzum for obvious reasons...
Yeah. I don't agree with Varg's views, but damn, I like his earlier music.
I discovered extreme metal only in 2001(and emo too but i didn't stick for long)...before that the only metal cd's i had were Metallica's black album and reload
Heh. That's when I stopped listening to Metallica, because they were turning too mainstream and were getting less and less creative.
I was into progrock, grunge and numetal in highschool...kind of wierd combination...and i still like most of the music i listened to back then
Not really that weird of a combination. People look at me in disbelief when they see my CD collection (no way that the same person can enjoy both A and B). ;)

I waited for St. Anger at the time and it turned out to be such an unbelievable piece of crap...that I haven't listened to anything new by Metallica ever since.

most people who didn't see me since highschool don't quite undertand how I(geek) became a metalhead...
as for my cd collection funny thing...my Unorthodox copy lies next Ace of Base's happy nation...yay sweden

First time I heard Dan's clean voice was 1992 or 1993 on the "Enigma" track. Although he thinks that it wasn't a good performance I think it is very impressing, just to have this idea. New paths in Death Metal

I waited for St. Anger at the time and it turned out to be such an unbelievable piece of crap...that I haven't listened to anything new by Metallica ever since.

most people who didn't see me since highschool don't quite undertand how I(geek) became a metalhead...
Yeah... Lots of people wonder why I don't listen to more electronic music because I work with computers. :rolleyes:
as for my cd collection funny thing...my Unorthodox copy lies next Ace of Base's happy nation...yay sweden
Hey! I actually own that album too.

On a sidenote... I watched the semifinals of the Eurovision Song Contest the other day. Israels contribution was... umm... interesting... Heh... "Push the button!"

Someone gave me an MP3 CD with some stuff on it. It had, among others, Moontower on it. It took me about 10 seconds to realise "Fucking hell, this is fucking awesome!"

After that, I got the Steel songs, and I was like "NO WAY is this the same guy! It rocks though :D"

After that, I heard some Edge of Sanity, and again, I was hooked immediately.

Also, I was wondering, is Moontower at all rare? Because it had a 4 to 6 week waiting time when I ordered it, although I got it in 3.

no its not rare at all. it's just grossly underrated. i dont think it sold much, maybe 5 to 10.000? but im sure dan knows more about that.

On a sidenote... I watched the semifinals of the Eurovision Song Contest the other day. Israels contribution was... umm... interesting... Heh... "Push the button!"

it's a nice song...not a eurovision winner but there were worse songs that got to the finals...in any case this wasn't a song that would give them international break...they're making music since 1988 and have 10 albums, they're too israeli for europe...they have their success