When you first Heard Dan's Voice

I broke out Crimson 1 today for an 11 year aniversary tribute, and while listining I began thinking back to the first time I ever heard Dan's voice and singing style (Clean Voice). On the opening track (Twilight) to Purgatory Afterglow the vocals almost seemed Holy or Godly to me. I was like WTF is this some kinda christian metal? lol It didn't take much longer for me to figure out that it wasn't. I've been hooked ever since. Has anyone ever had similar thoughts?

My friend put Steel - Say Goodbye (To Love) on and I couldn't stop laughing, and then he put Crimson on and told me all about Dan Swano, and I was like no way it's the same guy D:

Does anyone know where you CAN get the Steel songs?

My friend put Steel - Say Goodbye (To Love) on and I couldn't stop laughing, and then he put Crimson on and told me all about Dan Swano, and I was like no way it's the same guy D:

Does anyone know where you CAN get the Steel songs?

Whats your email, I'll send them to you.

I broke out Crimson 1 today for an 11 year aniversary tribute, and while listining I began thinking back to the first time I ever heard Dan's voice and singing style (Clean Voice). On the opening track (Twilight) to Purgatory Afterglow the vocals almost seemed Holy or Godly to me. I was like WTF is this some kinda christian metal? lol It didn't take much longer for me to figure out that it wasn't. I've been hooked ever since. Has anyone ever had similar thoughts?

lol, I had 'twilight' as my myspace song once and my sister said when her and her friend went on it they pretended to do a little prayer because thats what it reminded them of...kinda random...i got what they meant though :lol:

In all honesty, Dan's vocals are what got me into death metal. Several years ago, back when I couldn't tolerate growls in large doses (as my neighborhood is pretty much overrun by the Pop-punk/Emo scene), I stumbled across "Blood-Colored" and then steadily made the metamorphosis into the huge metal head I am now (which is kind of ironic, as I used to hate death metal, and now its my favorite musical genre, lol).

I got into death metal because of opeth...and Mikael led me to bloodbath and that's how i discovered Dan...the first things I heard by Dan were Crimson which featured Mikael) and moontower...from there i was hooked
what truley got me hooked on Dan's clean vocals was Alive Again...best NG album ever

Haha, I wish I had heard him first through Steel, what a wacky way to start off with him!

I also heard him the first time on Therion's Theli, but at that time I didn't know who it was...
Later I found Uncreation on a metal compilation and I really liked the growling... it was the best I had ever heard...

so ewhen I found out the vocals on Therion was also Dan I was totally blown away.

The very first I heard of Dan was with Project Hate (quest vocals as far as I know) but at that time I did not know who he was. Then I heared Odessey! From there I went on to Nightingale and so on. In the beginning I considered Odessey sound nicer then NG but all NG records grew on me and now I consider them to be among the best as far as progressive goes along with Opeth.

ANOTHER SKY IS YOUNG

and if we're talking cleanvox, I guess it'd be "The chosen oone" if I recall correctly. I remember being stunned by the quallity of Crimson, I replayed it directly after the first round to find out what was going on. I still think it's the best metalalbum ever, and I think I will for a long time.

The first time I hear Dan sing was on the Star One disc - I love how his vocals sound on that disc. Very deep production. Then I started researching Nightingale & EOS. The rest is history.

The first time I heard Dan sing was in 1992 when a friend of mine brought me Edge of Sanity - Unorthodox. I was an old Death Metal fan, and that album took the gengre in a different direction. I totally loved it and instantly ran to the closest record store and bought it for myself. And that album even made my brother convert from Vanilla Ice to Metal. :headbang: