When

Actually I've never really liked this song until Roundhouse Tapes, it's much better live than on the album imo.

haha i feel the same. for me it was a track i completely overlooked until the roundhouse tapes opened on it.

at the moment its one of the main reasons i love mayh.

When has been my favorite Opeth song since 1998. I don't think they'll ever be able to write a song that tops it. My Arms is also the only Opeth album that I feel is 100% perfect as is. Still Life is a close second, but there are still a few changes in it that I would have made if I was writing the songs. But, I feel When is a flawless song from the lyrics to the music. Everything is phrased right in that tune and it does such a wonderful job of highlighting what Opeth is capable of writing.

Are you going to go see them when they come to HOB?

Are you going to go see them when they come to HOB?

On October 21st? Kinda sucks it's on a Tuesday, but HELL YEAH!!! I should be there. I'll buy tix when they go on sale. I'm freakin' excited that they're going to play HoB again! Hard Rock Live sucked, except for getting to drink with the band at Margaritaville!

Anyways, I've only seen the dates posted on TicketBastards. I wonder if they'll be doing Clearwater, Tampa or St. Pete the night before. I could only hope!

The Roundhouse Tapes rekindled all of Opeth's old material for me. Before it, I couldn't really appreciate it much but after I heard songs like 'When' played live, I suddenly found myself listening to pre-MAYH like crazy.

AND I CRIED, I KNEW SHE HAD LIED

@ Requiem960-If they do, I'll be going to those as well! I did that for the Deliverance tour, as well as for the Ghost Reveries tour.