Where are the members of SymX from?

People are too worried about others over the internet. I've met like hundreds of people over the internet and none have tried to stalk me (yet...) I would continue but its late and my brain stopped after those two sentences

Sorry for the delay in replying to this..I was sick as a dog Monday & only got up long enough to post the raffle winners; & yesterday I had a response all typed out, hit 'submit reply', & my cable had gone out (& was out for about 6 hours)..hitting the back button got me a 'cannot find server' message & my post was gone, ARGH! So wish me luck with this one! :lol:

SilentRealm said:
I got a question though Jax, why do the band members keep themselves I would think, a bit more seperated from the fanbase to alot of other bands.. is that what happens when u get 'big'?..or are they just too busy? or are they afraid to get too close to the fans because of stalkers? or do fans bombard them with too many silly questions or get too clingy?

There are lots of factors behind this, but let me say for starters that they're not really that separated from the fans. It's definitely not an ego thing or a "we're big now" thing, I can say that much.

To begin with, they are actually much more involved than you might think. The way this place, the mailing list, and the fan club are run is either directly Mike Romeo's doing, or is okayed by him, I run everything by him & we're in very frequent contact. The rest of the band members are for the most part just an e-mail or a phone call away, & I do my best to get everyones questions handled as promptly as possible..how many other bands of SymX' s caliber are that accessible? Maybe a small handful..maybe.

Compare it to the people you know offline. Some may be avid computer users (like most of us here are, I'd wager a guess)..others may just use a computer for e-mail or gaming..and others may not even own a computer. That's how it is with the band members..they have varying levels of interest in the online world, & it just so happens that none are big on the message board thing..and that's okay, that's what they have a staff for, we do that stuff for them. In addition, Romeo has a certain distrust of the internet (partially due to an episode a few years ago with a "fan" who ignored Romeo's request regarding not broadcasting some pre-release music from V that was given to the mailing list members), & he has a right to think whatever he wants. Thing is, because of that, he's made sure that there are people who keep him up to date & accessible to the fans..he's not hiding in any sense of the word, he simply doesn't care to deal with it himself..that's what I'm here for.

Also, there's the matter of too much info being a bad thing. People run into the band members, have a 3 minute conversation, and commence to convey it as some huge fact gathering mission, or read more into it than was intended, & the info ends up being distorted (like the game 'telephone'..the more people a story passes through, the more it gets warped from its original form). That's how BS rumors get started, & frankly, that makes my job harder than it already is. And the fans having too much info is also detrimental when the band is trying to plan something special for the fans..after a certain point, who wants to plan a surprise, if all the recipient does is try to pry into what it is?

Lastly, these guys are just people, with private lives, and some are trying to raise families..I don't think it's out of the question for them to want at least some semblance of privacy. They're willing to provide plenty of info, I just wish people would respect it when they choose to draw a line as to where they wish that info to end. The internet can be a horrid thing in that respect..just because you *can* get something on the internet (info or new music or whatever) doesn't mean you have a right to it..like, just because you *can* run over that annoying next door neighbor with your car doesn't make it okay.

Anyway, I think that covers it..

I remember that broadcast episode. He was a total prick about it too, after he'd been called on it. People like that just spoil things for the rest of us...

I think they are doing the right thing Jax, and I really agree with what you said, especially regarding raising families. When they are busy writing, recording, and touring, that is going to take away a lot of time for their families...and they have to take care of their own lives before they can interact with the fans. I would be the same way or perhaps even more distant than they are. So I really respect the band for fan interaction. It would be cool to get a post from the band every once in a while though ;), not necessarily on this forum, but maybe on the site perhaps?

Actually, we have an "Ask Mike" sort of column in the works for the site..during times when he's home & available, we'll give him questions to answer & the answers will go up on the site, so stay tuned for that. As it is, all the info you get comes right from them..may not be the same, coming through a 'middleman', but it's the same info & often, the same wording & everything.

lmao! hey the ask mike idea is fantastic! im sure the guys know how much we love them and hold the most immense respect for them, and are flattered by it, and I am 80% certain that mike checks in on this board every once in a while, especially with topics regarding him.. so mike we love you!! :wave: if you ever see this..

gosh i cant wait till the new site is up..

Lady of the Oracle said:
Actually, we have an "Ask Mike" sort of column in the works for the site..during times when he's home & available, we'll give him questions to answer & the answers will go up on the site, so stay tuned for that. As it is, all the info you get comes right from them..may not be the same, coming through a 'middleman', but it's the same info & often, the same wording & everything.

That is really cool, I'm glad to hear this!

I'll start thinking of intelligent questions now like

"Hi Mike, how do you play that one scale so fast?" :D

just kidding...I'm warning you to be prepared though.

You shouldn't have too much trouble, see my thread on Intelligent music...

But at the Friedman site? Goddamn, if I see another question about Britney Spears or "U R the CooLeSt GuiTar man ever, how u play intro to Symphony of Destruction?"

:mad:

No, I'll think of some good ones... :)

I like that "Ask Mike" idea!

Hopefully it will be specified somewhere that it's "Ask Mike Romeo", since first-time SyX fans will be confused with the vast number of Mikes in the band.

Which leads me to my first question!

How do the Mikes refer to each other? Let's say the whole band was sitting in a room, and Romeo wants to get Lepond's attention. Would he say "hey, Mike" or "hey, Lepond?" Maybe he would just throw something at him? If he calls him by his first name, wouldn't Pinnella also turn his head? Would it get on Romeo's/Pinnella's/Lepond's nerves to keep turning their heads? Help!

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Jason changed his first name to Mike?

Wow, I'm getting way too into this.

MorphineChild205 said:
How do the Mikes refer to each other? Let's say the whole band was sitting in a room, and Romeo wants to get Lepond's attention. Would he say "hey, Mike" or "hey, Lepond?" Maybe he would just throw something at him? If he calls him by his first name, wouldn't Pinnella also turn his head? Would it get on Romeo's/Pinnella's/Lepond's nerves to keep turning their heads? Help!

Mike Romeo is 'Mike'
Mike Pinnella is 'P'
Mike LePond is 'LePond'

That keeps it simple amongst the guys..as far as the public goes, it still gets confusing when someone yells 'Mike!".. ;)