Where have you traveled?

Lina

kickass elizabethan style
May 2, 2001
Maryland, U.S.
Visit site
I love traveling, and I would imagine some of you do too. Where have you all visited? I know Luke's been all over the place. ;) I've been to Norway, England, France, Spain, Russia, Romania, and Bermuda. I especially loved Norway and Russia, in different ways.

I would love to go places more exotic, but I'm intimidated by the language barrier and being a female (some of the places I'd love to see aren't very respectful of women). Ironic that I've never been to Canada or Mexico, being that they're my neighbors.

I haven't travelled much yet and it's a pity : (((( I've been only to Germany and Cyprus (both beautiful countries)
I love travelling and I am planning to travel supermuch in the future..... If everything goes fine,the following summer I will visit
Sweden :hotjump:

Hey,transparent... greece is cool only if you choose the right place/island ;)

Brutalizer: hehe yep,come down here secretly and bang on my door!!!!!!:p :p tralala We'll have a cool time..... :)

I feel so inadequate..

I've been to England, Antigua, Trinidad/Tobago, St. Lucia/St. Vincent

and to the states over 25 times (mostly St. Louis, Minneapolis and Duluth, though all over New England and down to Florida as well)

My father's been *all* over for his work. I'm extremely envious as he flies to Europe every couple months, and the carribean at least that often.

bastard.

I've been to Italy once and Canada three times. I'm actually going to Toronto again at the end of November and it's the first time I've been there in about seven years (poor me...). My mum's side of the family is there so there's always plenty of free accommodation :)

Well....nowhere really special....I've traveled extensively in the U.S. and I've gone to Tijuana, Mexico. BUT....this December I'm going to Europe for the first time for 3 weeks. Starting in Madrid and ending in Amsterdam.
If anyone has tips on some places I should check out, I'd appreciate it . I'll have a 10 day rail pass (I know that's a lot for the amount of time that I will be out there, but I work for a travel agency and Eurail offers a 75% agency discount so I figured why not?) so, I'm pretty much free to go wherever.

Off to Korea next month....

I'll be hitting Mexico, Guademala, Belize and maybe a bit more of Central America in the new year, before heading on to Europe. A cousin who flies for Air Canada came through with some cheap tickets, otherwise this wouldn't be financially feasible.

any hints from the Europeans on where I might be able to find some work around the beginning of next March? Reckon I'll be a bit desperate for cash right about then...

I've been to Italy (I was about seven back then, so I don't remember much of that) and Rhodes. Ah, Rhodes, now that was a place I liked! For years after the holiday I used to think back to the scenery, imagine myself living there, midst the lush trees. Mmm. Daydreams.

I've also been to Sweden, Denmark and Estonia.

Places I plan to visit during my (expectedly short) lifetime are Egypt (Giza, to see the pyramids), Scotland (ah, the highlands :p) and Australia.

I´ve been to China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Florida, England, France, Finland and I´m hoping to visit Korea very soon!

Cheers

I've been in Sweden and Norway a couple of times, Bulgaria two times, Germany, Russia, Some mediterranean islands a couple of times and Cuba. The best visit was in Norway.

Two years ago me and couple of my friends decided to drive to norway and off we went. Took our tents, some canned food and beer of course. We drove around for a week or so. Had lots of fun.
It was a great experience. Btw I have never packed a tent in the air horizontally (we were camping by the polar sea). The wind was awesome.:eek:

Originally posted by _Transparent_

any specific place to go there? im thinking next march btw.

March hmmm....... If you are thinking about swimming,better forget it!The sea is still cold at March .... unless you're used to swimming during winter etc

If you are interested in archaelogical stuff,you should definitely visit Athens (the Acropolis and the museums and stuff)
and Delphi,but generally there is a bit of antiquities everywhere.....

Athens is actually an ugly city,at least the centrum and stuff..The nothern suburbs are somehow nicer,more trees,parks etc..... and even those located on the mountains are super-cool!
Anyway there are a few nice places in the centrum,like Likavittos, Acropolis and generally the hill around it,nice view,trees blah blah and there is also a neighboorhood there who seems quite traditional and well preserved..i was there yesterday and you actually doesn't feel like you're in the middle of a huge city :D ....I love this area!

If you're interested in having a cool trip with much entertainment,bars,clubbing,girls etc etc I suggest you should visit one of the beautiful islands like Paros or santorini or something,but during the SUMMER of course..... Most greek youngsters prefer this kind of holiday i think

Creta is known to be a cool place for tourists and stuff,especially Chania,Rethimno and the areas around.... Chania and Rethimno are cool especially what people call "the old town".... but sometimes you may feeel that you're actually not on an island,Crete is big you know....
The mountains around are cool,beautiful landscapes and stuff...

There are also many other cool towns,places etc in Greece...
If you come in the beginning of march,you'll probably have the opportunity to do some skiing,too....
*I hate skiing and stuff,but the mountain Parnassos and the villages around are very beautiful all the year round :D *

Generally,I think everything depends on what you wanna see and what kind of vacations you would like to have..

Oh,I feel like a travel agent now..... :lol:

USA
France
Germany
Italy
Switzerland
Monaco (if it counts)
Bulgaria
Denmark
Norway
Finland

Want to go to:
England
Ireland
Holland
China
And back to USA, Norway, other places...

Originally posted by Melancholia

March hmmm....... If you are thinking about swimming,better forget it!The sea is still cold at March .... unless you're used to swimming during winter etc

If you are interested in archaelogical stuff,you should definitely visit Athens (the Acropolis and the museums and stuff)
and Delphi,but generally there is a bit of antiquities everywhere.....

Athens is actually an ugly city,at least the centrum and stuff..The nothern suburbs are somehow nicer,more trees,parks etc..... and even those located on the mountains are super-cool!
Anyway there are a few nice places in the centrum,like Likavittos, Acropolis and generally the hill around it,nice view,trees blah blah and there is also a neighboorhood there who seems quite traditional and well preserved..i was there yesterday and you actually doesn't feel like you're in the middle of a huge city :D ....I love this area!

If you're interested in having a cool trip with much entertainment,bars,clubbing,girls etc etc I suggest you should visit one of the beautiful islands like Paros or santorini or something,but during the SUMMER of course..... Most greek youngsters prefer this kind of holiday i think

Creta is known to be a cool place for tourists and stuff,especially Chania,Rethimno and the areas around.... Chania and Rethimno are cool especially what people call "the old town".... but sometimes you may feeel that you're actually not on an island,Crete is big you know....
The mountains around are cool,beautiful landscapes and stuff...

There are also many other cool towns,places etc in Greece...
If you come in the beginning of march,you'll probably have the opportunity to do some skiing,too....
*I hate skiing and stuff,but the mountain Parnassos and the villages around are very beautiful all the year round :D *

Generally,I think everything depends on what you wanna see and what kind of vacations you would like to have..

Oh,I feel like a travel agent now..... :lol:

wow, thanks for the essay :) , i wasn't expecting such a big reply. lots of ideas to take with me then. :)