Where is the Testament Website?!

Yeah, back in the 80's and 90's we struggled to get music and shirts etc because mail order sucked, but now we struggle because it costs so damn much to get anything not on local release. It's one of the reason tour shirts are in such a high number. We still pay too much for a shirt at a concert but at least it doesn't come with the massive postage. If some overseas companies offered cheaper postage and not UPS or FEDEX they'd get a shit load more sales from here.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yeah, back in the 80's and 90's we struggled to get music and shirts etc because mail order sucked, but now we struggle because it costs so damn much to get anything not on local release. It's one of the reason tour shirts are in such a high number. We still pay too much for a shirt at a concert but at least it doesn't come with the massive postage. If some overseas companies offered cheaper postage and not UPS or FEDEX they'd get a shit load more sales from here.
So it wasn't always this way?

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
No postage from the US used to be fairly reasonable, even with the shitty exchange rate. It's only since the e-comm bubble exploded and shopping overseas became easier that FedEX and UPS sent their international postage rates through the roof. 30 years ago your choice was 6 weeks on a ship for not much more than $10 or air freight for about $20 maybe $25.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
No postage from the US used to be fairly reasonable, even with the shitty exchange rate. It's only since the e-comm bubble exploded and shopping overseas became easier that FedEX and UPS sent their international postage rates through the roof. 30 years ago your choice was 6 weeks on a ship for not much more than $10 or air freight for about $20 maybe $25.
Progress huh? :bah:

Reactions: Slammed
Hehe, well it's something.
I don't even know what postage from Europe is like now. We used to order a lot of books from Book Depository before Amazon took it over and fucked it up. Postage used to be free and the books could arrive within a week. I believe delivery is still fairly reasonable but Amazon put all the prices up and made it not worth buying from them.

Reactions: redfly
I just found a mob who do local distribution on band shirts. They don't do that many bands I'm interested in at the moment but they do an Obituary Quarantine shirt for $35 plus $9 postage. That's on a par with concert shirts and pretty much what I'd expect postage to be.

There is two Gruesome shirts on the list but they are both white print only, no colour, the 30 year Slowly We Rot shirt looks kind of cool though.

At least you got that far, the first thing I randomly clicked on was a dead link.