Where to buy?

DURBANS

Feb 2, 2005
Hi

I just bought an Ibanez RG1527.

Pickups have very little output (they're Ibanez V7 and V8), I mean, compared to my EMG's on the Flying V. On my GH100TI, when using the EMG's, I had the gain on 1 and volume on 4 and it didn't sound clean at all (on the HI output). NOW, with the Ibanez, I have the gain on 4 with the volume on 2, and it sounds clean!!! LOL, very little output indeed.

Now, I'm going to buy a pair of Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invaders for 7 strings. Problem is that many companies (Musicians Friend, zZounds, Music 123, etc) have the 6 string version and don't mention the 7 string one.

Where can I order this?

Thanks

DURBANS said:
Hi

I just bought an Ibanez RG1527.

Pickups have very little output (they're Ibanez V7 and V8), I mean, compared to my EMG's on the Flying V. On my GH100TI, when using the EMG's, I had the gain on 1 and volume on 4 and it didn't sound clean at all (on the HI output). NOW, with the Ibanez, I have the gain on 4 with the volume on 2, and it sounds clean!!! LOL, very little output indeed.

Now, I'm going to buy a pair of Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invaders for 7 strings. Problem is that many companies (Musicians Friend, zZounds, Music 123, etc) have the 6 string version and don't mention the 7 string one.

Where can I order this?

Thanks
I would check ebay for that kind of stuff and get something less hot for the neck so you can actually get some usable tones in all positions.

I could sell you mine. But I think the stock pickups would be just perfect if you dialed the amp, all tone knobs and the guitar volume................................to a perfect 6.