Where Will Opeth Be In Ten Years Time?

By then mike is going to have another couple of nippers. Then he'll kick evryone out of the band and change the name of the band form opeth to the Akerfeldts. His daughter will be the singer as well as the second guitar player and the other two bassest and drummer.

No matter where they are and what they do in 10 years time, Orchid will still be blasting out from my speakers.

This thread is awesome!! Personally, in another 10 years, I'm thinking that the band will be made up entirely of Martins. Mike will change his name to Martin, and anyone else in the band not named Martin will be fired. That's just my opinion.

...Fuck Watershed, Pages From the Silent Hall sounds nasty!!!!!!!!!!!

Another brutal concept album!!!:headbang:

anything is possible, a life of a musician is one that can take many turns for better and worse. So really anything is possible and I believe there will be Opeth in 10 years the albums will be even more amazing.

ooh scary, this thread was only made a week and a bit after the sep 11 terrorist attacks.

so... 10 years since the beginning of this thread....
They'll have released some albums, watershed a *couple of years back* and be underway with their new album....
Orrrr... They'll call it quits after this one, and I'll cry... manly tears.

Considering Mike is fan of the Dynasty album of KISS ( which is maybe their best, i agree), they'll do disco and will be famous like ABBA.

Opeth has been cloned so that they can be on tour and write albums simultaneously so they can finally answer to Peter's opinion of Opeth being only about quantity.

It's not weird, few people know that Mike is just a puppet, his nipples actually write all the songs.

The left one writes acoustic passages,
and the right one, brutal death vibes.

Or not.

Ten years? Opeth will be either broken up, or livin' it up! Some players would be replaced (not by Akerfeldt, they'll leave).

That's all I can really think of.

Opeth will have released their eleventh album, tentaively entitled Primordial Silence, and while their standing as the thinking man's extreme metal is still unquestioned, and their sales have increased ever since they joined a major label with 2007's Stitching The Wounds, which sold 34,000 copies, they still face accusations of not living up to their older material. Fans' most common complaints include their alleged riff recycling, and the fact that the aforementioned album contained 80% clean vocals (a trend that began with Still Life and continued with their sixth and seventh albums Learning To Sleep and Reflected Dark Matter), which they did succesfully counter with 2008's Pages From The Silent Hall, a concept album that was their harshest since My Arms Your Hearse.

Opeth will have released their eleventh album, tentaively entitled Primordial Silence, and while their standing as the thinking man's extreme metal is still unquestioned, and their sales have increased ever since they joined a major label with 2003's Damnation, which was fileshared over 34,000,000 times, they still face accusations of not living up to their older material. Fans' most common complaints include their alleged riff recycling, and the fact that the aforementioned album contained over 80% clean vocals (a trend that began with Still Life and continued with their sixth and eighth albums Learning To Damnation and Ghost Reveries), which they did succesfully counter with 2008's Watershed, a concept album that was their harshest since My Arms Your Hearse.

couldn't change the "eleventh album" since they're on 9, 10 if you include roundhouse.