Where's my SymX CD!?!?!?!

My son is all over the place..he likes Crazy Frog, Queen, Finger Eleven, The Star Wars Soundtracks, Disturbed.....but he doesn't like Taliesin...he just pays me out and puts on a 'retard' voice and says "i'm richard and i'm in taliesin...durrrr".
He used to like the song "The Odyssey"...he called it pirate music...and he liked the SyX album covers...he has them printed out and stuck on his cupboard as well as a few Iron Maiden album covers too.

You mean YOU want him to learn bass.:lol:

On a side note, it's funny that over on perth related music forums (and everywhere in general), people bash bassists all the time, and now looking at perthbands.com, the first page of threads in the musicians needed section is about 60-70% bassist requirements. :lol:

If he learns to play like Billy Sheehan, then yeah... :lol: But he really actually wants to learn. Why he'd want to take his life down there, I have no idea :p

But it's funny, he's begging my parents to get him a bass, and he wants the Billy Sheehan advanced bass tuition book (I think he'll start with a beginner book :lol: ) and he always asks me to put on the G3 live in Denver where Vai, MacAlpine, Weiner and Billy all do that cool harmonizing thing while fretting each others instruments... Or to watch the Instrumedley multi-angle view on the DT- Live at Budokan dvd, focussed on John Myung...

At least he isn't begging to get the 'Best Of Blink 182 bass tabs'... Though that would be the shortest book ever written... :heh:

At least he isn't begging to get the 'Best Of Blink 182 bass tabs'... Though that would be the shortest book ever written... :heh:

If you can fit every blink 182 tab on a napkin, then you have created the world's LARGEST font. :p

If he learns to play like Sheehan within a few months, I'll be kidnapping HIM, and surgically swapping his hands. :p

Please! I'll let ya know if it happens, you can take him, have his hands, join my band, and we can make it so we never see him again... :heh:

:lol: Totally kidding, sure the kids an absolute pain sometimes, but I love him like a brother... Oh yeah, he is a brother... :D

If only I could convince my other brother who plays drums to like prog-metal... Hes actually really good, but he's just not passionate about it and just smashes around for fun. :(

Okay, so I'm pissed off 'cause I can't count on a large military contractor to do their freakin' job, I'm probably going to lose a contract with one of the largest companies in N. America because their IT $%&#wads don't understand that Microsoft isn't the ONLY $%&#ing software developer out there, and apparently two full time jobs isn't enough to keep the family from bitching about not getting everything they $&#*ing want 'cause they're greedy little shits.

So I go into my studio to drag The Odyssey off my CD shelves AND IT'S GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Panic begins to set in... Then I start to calm down because I can always buy another copy. Then I start getting pissed all over again 'cause someone came in my studio and stole from me!!!! I'm stomping around and notice the boy's bedroom door is closed and locked. I knock on the door - no answer. I unlock his bedroom door, push it open...

...and he's listening to The Odyssey with his headphones on. I could'a cried I was so proud. :headbang:

[update... now he's running around holding a bar stool up to his chest with the four legs pointing out yelling, "Milk me!" Level of pride diminishing... o_O ]

I think your boy is Jesus, our Lord and Saviour.

Then get your mum on vocals? Hahaha.

:lol: Actually my Dad is a really good singer believe it or not, and decent at piano... My mum is really good at flute as well. My younger sister is the only one who doesn't really like music, (she used to learn piano, then quit,though she's starting up guitar and I'm teaching her :D )

Musical family I guess... All my cousins on my mums side are really good musicians (Drums, guitar, bass, piano, sax, violin, everything...) it all stems from my Grandpa who owns the music shop, he used to play clarinet in big-bands back in the day...

:lol: You guys never cease to crack me up. I'm hoping to play DT Score on the big screen and surround sound tomorrow for him. I wish there was a SymX DVD since he's in the shower right now listening to V.

:lol: Actually my Dad is a really good singer believe it or not, and decent at piano... My mum is really good at flute as well. My younger sister is the only one who doesn't really like music, (she used to learn piano, then quit,though she's starting up guitar and I'm teaching her :D )

Musical family I guess... All my cousins on my mums side are really good musicians (Drums, guitar, bass, piano, sax, violin, everything...) it all stems from my Grandpa who owns the music shop, he used to play clarinet in big-bands back in the day...

Cool... sounds like Project: Unknown is gonna kick off then. :p

Cool... sounds like Project: Unknown is gonna kick off then. :p

pfffff, it's only called that, because I'm not witty enough to come up with an awesome name, and because there's no one else so it is pretty much unknown... Unfortunately none of my family share my musical tastes... :erk: The closest is a couple of my uncles who were into Yes, Pink Floyd, ELP while growing up, but I think I might have to look outside the family for a band... :lol: