Where's my SymX CD!?!?!?!

I managed to get my dad back into prog mode... he used to listen to Rush a while ago... played him The Wake of Magellan by Savatage, Octavarium by Dream Theater, and The Divine Wings Of Tragedy by you know who. ;)

He fucking loved it. Sent him some more DT and SX... he loved the album V too (he gets into concept albums).

I had a little time to kill in the car the other day waiting for my 8 year old daughter to finish up at an after school thing, so me and my 4 year old son are sitting in the car BSing. He asks about the CD's I have in the visor holder and asks to listen to "Rainbow in the Dark". That makes me proud enough, but since I didn't have it there he asked to see the other CD's. I showed him "V" and he asked if he could hear it. So I pop it in, and I put on Rediscovery and tell him that this is one of daddy's favorite songs. As soon as part 2 begins he says "Ooh daddy, that's cool guitar sounds". A big smile comes across my face.

So this morning we get in the car, we're haeding to school and daycare and my son says "Daddy, can we listen to the CD with the purple face and red face on it? I want to hear the song with the cool guitar." Again, a big smile. So we listen to Rediscovery until we get to my sons daycare. I come out and my daughter has Communion and the Oracle on and she says, "I love this song. I remember hearing it a long time ago. This CD is awesome!"

A prouder father I could not be. :)

I had a little time to kill in the car the other day waiting for my 8 year old daughter to finish up at an after school thing, so me and my 4 year old son are sitting in the car BSing. He asks about the CD's I have in the visor holder and asks to listen to "Rainbow in the Dark". That makes me proud enough, but since I didn't have it there he asked to see the other CD's. I showed him "V" and he asked if he could hear it. So I pop it in, and I put on Rediscovery and tell him that this is one of daddy's favorite songs. As soon as part 2 begins he says "Ooh daddy, that's cool guitar sounds". A big smile comes across my face.

So this morning we get in the car, we're haeding to school and daycare and my son says "Daddy, can we listen to the CD with the purple face and red face on it? I want to hear the song with the cool guitar." Again, a big smile. So we listen to Rediscovery until we get to my sons daycare. I come out and my daughter has Communion and the Oracle on and she says, "I love this song. I remember hearing it a long time ago. This CD is awesome!"

They will remember you as the BEST PARENT EVER. :p
They are the BEST CHILDREN EVER... haha.

Dude!! That is sooo AWESOME! Now, it got me in the mood to dig out my own copy of V and go listen to it. :headbang:

An aside - Western PA, eh? I lived in Western PA for 12 years, DuBois and then going to school at Clarion. :kickass:

haha, my dad is pretty cool with music.

although he doesn't listen to a lot of the music i listen to, he is very open-minded about it. he went and saw g3 and metallica with me, and took me to see deep purple which was really cool too.

in fact, its probably because of my dad that i'm into music, because he used to always have analbum playing and he would be strumming along on his accoustic. zepplin and ffloyd and stuff like that.

but no one else in my family is really that into music, or has any good taste. my sister plays guitar but she does more of a country/gospel vibe. my step sister is into all the radio crap like fergy and JT and all that trash.

my step brother likes jimi hendrix a lot but he is also really into the emo-ish styles and he sits there playing axel-f 18 times straight.

my mom can't carry a tune at all haha!

yeah definitely my dad is my only family link to music. will have to make sure if i ever have kids that they eat breath music all day music.

Dude!! That is sooo AWESOME! Now, it got me in the mood to dig out my own copy of V and go listen to it. :headbang:

An aside - Western PA, eh? I lived in Western PA for 12 years, DuBois and then going to school at Clarion. :kickass:

Yeah, I've been SyX free for a long while now and in anticipation of the new album coming I popped in TDWOT and V and have completely redicovered why I love these guys. I can't wait for the new album. I just hope the production is better than on the Odyssey. There is still something about the sound on that album that makes it an A in my gradebook, where it could have been an A+.

Yep, I'm in the Pittsburgh area myself. Came here about 6 years ago from NY. I was really hoping that SyX would be playing the Hard Rock again this year, but it doesn't look like they could effectively fit it into the existing tour schedule, so I'm not holding my breath. It looks like Cleveland is going to be my only chance.