Where's the football talk???

FOOTBALL IS BACK!

Raiders crushed the Cowboys in their first preseason game.. It means absolutely nothing, but it still feels good!
The Raiders will be improved this season... mark my words on this day, the 14th day of August in the year of our lord 2009!

I am hoping for the day that I can again reclaim the Raiderblack Moniker!!

Brett

Glad to see the Redskins start pre season right where they left off last season! Daniel Snyder, and Jim Zorn can suck a dick!

I didn't want to start a new thread because I don't know what the forum policy is regarding repeat threads.
Last forum I was on always freaked out every time someone started a repeat thread.

I'll try to be quick, because I'm literally killing time before I walk out the door for the Chicago Bears @ New York Giants pre-season game.

I am a New York Giants fan. A die-hard New York Giants fan.

A brief history on my football fan-ness background, because I have nothing better to post about...
My father (RIP, 9-11-01) was a massive Giants fan. I have been indoctrinated by my family to be a Giants fan. I am not a frontrunner... entirely. :p
In 2010 and 2011, I had an identity crisis with the Jets. I got so hyped after they went to the first AFC Championship game and got their asses handed to them by Super-Peyton.
This identity crisis ended last year, during Week 16, and I can tell you the moment too. Some of you might remember Eli and Victor Cruz's 99 yard touchdown connection I hope. Well that was the moment I looked down at my jersey and said "Fuck, I'm wearing the wrong colors. D:" (I was at the game.)
I go to a lot of football games. I'm a Giants season ticket holder since the new stadium opened. I've gone to a bunch of good games in the stadium's first 2 years, some terrible ones and some real heart-attacks, good and bad.

I'll take a picture of my custom jersey later. :D

Oh, and my Fantasy Football team...
I'm in a crazy expensive keeper league, and my keepers from last year are...
- Tom Brady (QB, New England)
- Ahmad Bradshaw (RB, New York Giants)
- Desean Jackson (WR, Philadelphia)
And we already did the first round via Google-Groups email; my first pick was Ryan Matthews (RB, San Diego). I have the 2nd pick in the next round, when we do it on the designated day.

Well, I'm off to the game. I'll return later with all my opinions and thoughts on the league, because rambling about Football is one of my all time favorite things to do, and this thread is a perfect excuse for that. :D Super Bowl picks, expectations for various teams, etc.

540301_10151191635056696_1960482925_n.jpg

The view from my season ticket seat :)

The first half was great. Eli played phenomenally, going 17-21 for plenty of yards for a preseason game. he defense had to warm into the game, but by the time Brandon Marshall scored that touchdown, they seemed to snap into it. Overall, the Giants starters looked good. They definitely looked like they were ready to beat the Cowboys into the ground in a week and a half >: D
I didn't stay for the 2nd half, because they took the starters out and Imaginary Football isn't nearly as interesting without the starters lol. I could have stayed to watch how the coaches are thinking, but it wasn't really worth it because they're using different strategy for the backups anyway.
They lost, but that's what happens when Eli Manning isn't in the game :p

===

On another note, I'd like to know how many other people here have gone to one or multiple live football games?
I know that tickets for basically every team are hella expensive (yes, I said hella) and there are only 8 home games per season for each team. And travel time for a lot of people around the country to their nearest stadium can be pretty brutal.
#Spoiled
So yeah, how many of you have gone to games? And do you remember which ones, or at least who the teams were? (I'm not going into the games I've been to, you'd all hate me. :p)

Glad to see the Redskins start pre season right where they left off last season! Daniel Snyder, and Jim Zorn can suck a dick!

Nah, you are supposed to save all of your hate for Vinny Cerrato, the fan's whipping boy for the past decade before he was fired. Course, now Shanahan owns it all, so no one to blame but him now.

With a new QB and a mediocre OL, I'm expecting a mediocre season, tho ESPN's prediction of 2-14 is stupid.

HAHA that post was August of 2009, and yes I'm still a big Redskins fan. Today at 4:00 I get to see RG3 play 3 quarters against the colts on the NFL network! Its Pick 1 Vs Pick 2 (RG3 Vs Andrew Luck)!

It's a whole new era. Redskins have TWO QB's now that can become threats in RG3, and Kirk Cousins. Rex Grossman can go take a flying shit! I've always hated that guy as a QB. ESPN, and others can fuck off with their analysis. 2-14? Hello this is the team that beat the Super Bowl Champs The Giants TWICE with a terrible QB. Yeah thats right the champs got swept by the Skins haha.

I'd say a 8-8 is more closer to what they will hit in this transition year. The OL is def a concern esp after watching the Chicago game but I don't think it is THAT bad. Plus now they have 2 solid WR's...Garcon is gonna be a hot target this year.

HTTR!

Hey, they might have swept the G-Men, but that's because they're busy being way more focused on the Cowboys and Eagles :p
Did ESPN really predict 2-14 for the Skins? I think that's totally harsh.

hahaaa, you and Rifkin will get along well. :)

Die-hard Detroit Lions fan here. It feels good to be relevant for a change
Nice, the Lions are a really cool team to watch. In the past I would have said something like "My condolences.", but they've come a long way in just a few years since 2008-2009.

So yeah, how many of you have gone to games? And do you remember which ones, or at least who the teams were? (I'm not going into the games I've been to, you'd all hate me. :p)

Well, I am mostly into college football. One of my goals is to one day have seen a game in every Division I football stadium. So far I am at around 21 stadiums, including almost all of the SEC, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma State, Oregon and some others. However, now that I live in Louisville, KY, I am about to add at least 6 more this fall as I plan to see games at Louisville, Purdue, Indiana, Cincinnati, Wisconsin and Illinois. Not sure if I will see more or not.

As far as NFL, I saw the Dallas Cowboys lose to the Arizona Cardinals and Jake Plummer in the Wildcard game in 1998 in Dallas. I also have seen New Orleans play Cincinnati a few years ago in the Superdome. And last year, when I was in Atlanta for ProgPower USA, I stayed and went to the Sunday night game with Atlanta and Philadelphia for Michael Vick's return to Atlanta. Being from Mississippi, New Orleans is the only close NFL team, and tickets can be hard to come by or just plain too expensive to go.

HAHA that post was August of 2009

Damn, I hate thread necros.

Unfortunately, I missed most of the first half because I didn't realize the game was on and I was too busy entertaining my son. So, I basically missed RG3 today.

I don't know if it is worth getting too excited about tonight, since the Colts were bonafide awful last year.

This year the NFC East is on notice! RG3 is the real deal!

I said it weeks ago! A rookie just went into Drew Brees house (who were 8-0 at home last year) and kicked their asses! Even with the Bounty-Gate ruling overturned they put up 40 points!

139.9 QB rating was the highest for any Week 1 debut since Fran Tarketon in 1961.

Another stat. RG3 was the first rookie QB in NFL history with a perfect first-half QB rating with at least 10 pass attempts and later became the first debuting rookie to lead his team to a 40-point performance in 62 years.

To be honest, I was surprised RG3 did so well. I do have to give credit to the coaching staff for mixing things up to keep the pressure off of the OL. They also did a good job on defense covering for their weaknesses, because it wasn't until late in the 2nd half that they finally started taking advantage of our weakness at safety.

That being said, RG3 was on target for most of the day. He got away with a couple of passes, but that doesn't diminish what he did. Good job.

I said it weeks ago! A rookie just went into Drew Brees house (who were 8-0 at home last year) and kicked their asses! Even with the Bounty-Gate ruling overturned they put up 40 points!

139.9 QB rating was the highest for any Week 1 debut since Fran Tarketon in 1961.

Another stat. RG3 was the first rookie QB in NFL history with a perfect first-half QB rating with at least 10 pass attempts and later became the first debuting rookie to lead his team to a 40-point performance in 62 years.

I really wish I could have watched that game, or at least saw some highlights. ESPN isn't showing ANYTHING of RGIII right now. :( They're showing like every game except the Redskins, and that's disappointing as hell.

I was actually at the Jets game though, sat on the 45 yard line on the ground and got to see the Jets give a serious ass-kicking to the Bills.
I know, I go to too many football games, it's not good. It's like drugs though. You know it's bad, but it's more awesome than it is bad. :p
But yeah. Anyone else catch that Jets game? Seriously, that was something to behold. Mark Sanchez coming out and stunning everyone, with 3 touchdowns and 226 yards or something like that. It could have been 4 touchdowns if Santonio Holmes had his foot down before his hand in that one play.
I'm a Giants fan to the end, but I do appreciate having 2 football teams in my city that I can root for, and I love rooting for the Jets because J-E-T-S is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. :D That and I believe that Mark Sanchez has a lot of potential to be great, I don't care what anyone says. I think Sanchez could get a ring some day, if he can learn to play consistently like he did yesterday, which I think he can with a good O-Line.

Oh and for the record, I'm not acknowledging the Giants opener, because I hate the Dallas Cowboys and I hate them so much that thinking about that game makes me want to break things, because I hate the Dallas Cowboys so god damn much.
Sorry for alienating people. D: I will contain the hate here. Not on Facebook (in case anyone wants to be my friend lol), but on PPUSA forum, I will contain the hate.

My Browns are in midseason form.
Don't worry, you'll get your share of karmatic football fairness eventually. :) If Brandon Weeden can get his stuff together, and if Trent Richardson can run like a boss, maybe 3 more Top-10 draft picks or so and you guys will be good.

I got off my plane and got home from the airport just in time to catch the last 6 play-minutes of the Giants game. That was the most epic thing I've seen in years, excluding the Saints-49ers playoff game last year.

What does everyone think of the replacement referees and their performance? Satisfactory or Terrible?
I, for one, think that there should be a big red *asterisk* on this season so far.

What does everyone think of the replacement referees and their performance? Satisfactory or Terrible?

Awful. Goodell and the owners need to check their arrogance and get the real officials back. Part of the reason the Redskins lost this weekend is that the replacements let the game get out of hand. It just happened that it was our guy who lost his cool first.