Where's the football talk???

I'm not just a Lions fan, I'm also a Browns fan.

You should join me in Bengaldom just to round out your collection of completely hopeless teams!

But come on, the best sport is really HOCKEY.... :)
GO CAPS!!!!

I've been getting back into hockey this year. I loved it as a kid, Cincinnati went through lots of teams. Then I got disinterested for a while. Now being near Chicago, with the Blackhawks doing well again, it's easy to start paying more attention.

Say, are there any Caps games next week? I'll be in DC from Sunday 1/4 - Wed 1/7.

Ken

But come on, the best sport is really HOCKEY.... :)

I miss hockey!!! I haven't watched more than one or two games per year since ESPN stupidly dropped their coverage of the NHL. Yeah, I know, NHL Network is starting to show more hockey games... but I don't get it in HD. :( That makes a difference to me, these days.

You should join me in Bengaldom just to round out your collection of completely hopeless teams!

Hey, the Bengals actually finished with a better record than the Browns. :lol: I dislike the Bengals simply on principle (being a Browns fan), but Ocho Cinco is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine. I like that dude. :lol:

I've been getting back into hockey this year. I loved it as a kid, Cincinnati went through lots of teams.

Have you ever seen the rollerblading movie, "Airborne"? Lots of Cincinnati Cyclones jerseys in that movie... and it's one of Jack Black's earliest (supporting) roles! It's cheesy teenage-dramedy fluff, but I readily admit that I'm a sucker for that sort of stuff. :)

Not a word has been spoken about my beloved Indianapolis Colts. 9 straight wins (if I remember correctly) to end the season, and one of them being a shut-out of the Titans? Right now, though, I'm just hoping they can get by the 1st round of the playoffs!

Not a word has been spoken about my beloved Indianapolis Colts. 9 straight wins (if I remember correctly) to end the season, and one of them being a shut-out of the Titans? Right now, though, I'm just hoping they can get by the 1st round of the playoffs!

Titans game wasn't really a show of their potential since they already had the bye. Both teams sat out a lot of players but the coach for the Titans believes he'll be facing the Colts that first game and didn't want to reveal much of anything to them.

I'm just glad the two teams and player I dislike the most all missed the playoffs (especially the way Dallas lost) so if the Giants don't manage to get back on track, it's all good from here and I'll root for Titans or Miami to win it.

I'm predicting a Colts - Panthers Super Bowl. The way I see it, Baltimore and Tenn (and *maybe* the Chargers if healthy) are the only AFC teams that can give the Colts trouble, but I think the Colts come out of the AFC.

There really isn't a dominant team this year, giving hope to the surprisingly inconsistent Eagles. Go on a roll at the right time, and >bam<, Super Bowl.

Steve in Philly

GOD DAMN THE LIONS

They don't bother hiring a qualified, capable, experienced GM, they just promote a mediocre coaching staff member because he's the CHEAPEST SOLUTION, not the CORRECT SOLUTION.

Now they're gonna go out and spend the least amount of money to get the bare-minimum coach they can find who isn't embarassed to come to Detroit and have his career ruined by Bill Ford Sr.

That old codger has lost his mind to senility and will ruin this team.

GOD DAMN THE LIONS

They don't bother hiring a qualified, capable, experienced GM, they just promote a mediocre coaching staff member because he's the CHEAPEST SOLUTION, not the CORRECT SOLUTION.

Now they're gonna go out and spend the least amount of money to get the bare-minimum coach they can find who isn't embarassed to come to Detroit and have his career ruined by Bill Ford Sr.

That old codger has lost his mind to senility and will ruin this team.

Well, it can't get worse than this year, unless they repeat the ultimate defeat! :heh:

They axed Matt Millen, which was a good first step, but now they're repeating all of his same mistakes. What are they waiting for, a divine miracle? The second coming of Barry Sanders, by immaculate conception? I'm starting to suspect that this team will not get out of the basement until they're under new ownership. I only hope it doesn't involve moving the team.

They axed Matt Millen, which was a good first step, but now they're repeating all of his same mistakes. What are they waiting for, a divine miracle? The second coming of Barry Sanders, by immaculate conception? I'm starting to suspect that this team will not get out of the basement until they're under new ownership. I only hope it doesn't involve moving the team.

Maybe he's pulling a Major League. Except this time, no one on the team wants to see the owner naked.

30rmgp4.jpg

I'm predicting a Colts - Panthers Super Bowl. The way I see it, Baltimore and Tenn (and *maybe* the Chargers if healthy) are the only AFC teams that can give the Colts trouble, but I think the Colts come out of the AFC.

There really isn't a dominant team this year, giving hope to the surprisingly inconsistent Eagles. Go on a roll at the right time, and >bam<, Super Bowl.

Steve in Philly

Carolina is way too overated. Did anyone see the Falcons completely dismantle them?

Just from the games I have watched this season, I think Philly has the best chance of coming out of the NFC.

I've been getting back into hockey this year. I loved it as a kid, Cincinnati went through lots of teams. Then I got disinterested for a while. Now being near Chicago, with the Blackhawks doing well again, it's easy to start paying more attention.

Say, are there any Caps games next week? I'll be in DC from Sunday 1/4 - Wed 1/7.

Ken

Unfortunately the Blackhawks owner had to pass away for that team to turn around... Now that his son has taken over, the organization is flourishing... I mean come on, how do you expect a local fan base to grow when you have the games blacked out locally 'cause you want people to have to go to the arena to see a game?? That's just stupid...

Now that has been done away with and games are being shown, butts are filling the seats because of the great stars they have - Toews, Kane, Sharp and Keith has really turned it up this season...

The only issue the 'hawks have is having $13 mil tied up in two goalies - when their young stars come off their entry level contracts, they're going to have some money issues if they don't dump either Khabibulin or Boo-et, I mean Huet (that french POS)

Unfortunately the Blackhawks owner had to pass away for that team to turn around... Now that his son has taken over, the organization is flourishing... I mean come on, how do you expect a local fan base to grow when you have the games blacked out locally 'cause you want people to have to go to the arena to see a game?? That's just stupid...

Now that has been done away with and games are being shown, butts are filling the seats because of the great stars they have - Toews, Kane, Sharp and Keith has really turned it up this season...

The only issue the 'hawks have is having $13 mil tied up in two goalies - when their young stars come off their entry level contracts, they're going to have some money issues if they don't dump either Khabibulin or Boo-et, I mean Huet (that french POS)

They got stomped last night...though I will admit they're getting better. I will always hate the Blackhawks and the Leafs from the old Norris Division days. Can't stand Roenick, Chelios (even if he's on my team now), Wendell Clark, Felix Potvin, hmm, what was that douche's name who used to be the center on the Leafs back in the early 90s...? Doug Gilmour. Oh, and Edguy still sucks, lol. :)

I am an Edguy fan!! But I have NO IDEA WTF is up with their new disc.. it's just - color me confused... But they're still fun to see live!!!! (the Edguy/ Kamelot tour was f'n HEAVEN for me)

I have a great hate for the Flyers - they screwed us (more the refs GAVE them game 7 in the first round of playoffs last year) and Nittymaki is a BEAST in the net for them... bastard... Nah, the player I love to hate is Cindy.. She's a whiny little Bitch - I love seeing her team floundering right now (even if she's on my team as well as Fleury)... From playing fantasy, I'm actually getting into more players from other teams (Phaneuf, Setoguchi, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Vanek, Parise, the Sedin twins) and the more hockey the better...

Once you see a live game people you are changed FOR-EV-ER... FOR-EV-ER....

Has Chelios even played this year at all?? I know he's still got some game but the man can't stay healthy.. Hell it's not like the Red Wings are hurting either way - that team is DEEP.. And Potvin - man did that guy disappear...

I am an Edguy fan!! But I have NO IDEA WTF is up with their new disc.. it's just - color me confused... But they're still fun to see live!!!! (the Edguy/ Kamelot tour was f'n HEAVEN for me)

I have a great hate for the Flyers - they screwed us (more the refs GAVE them game 7 in the first round of playoffs last year) and Nittymaki is a BEAST in the net for them... bastard... Nah, the player I love to hate is Cindy.. She's a whiny little Bitch - I love seeing her team floundering right now (even if she's on my team as well as Fleury)... From playing fantasy, I'm actually getting into more players from other teams (Phaneuf, Setoguchi, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Vanek, Parise, the Sedin twins) and the more hockey the better...

Once you see a live game people you are changed FOR-EV-ER... FOR-EV-ER....

Has Chelios even played this year at all?? I know he's still got some game but the man can't stay healthy.. Hell it's not like the Red Wings are hurting either way - that team is DEEP.. And Potvin - man did that guy disappear...

Chelios has been playing the last few games since Lidstrom's been out with an ankle injury. Potvin actually beat the Wings back in the 2001 playoffs when he played with the L.A. Kings. There was a story on him on espn.com recently. I think he's a coach in the junior leagues or something. Hockey is definitely better in person, but with the advent of HD, it's getting better on TV. I started watching hockey back in 1989 on the old sportschannel network. I was a Minnesota North Stars fan mostly, but switched to the next best thing (the Wings) when they moved out of town. There was no way I could be a Blackhawks fan, being from Wisconsin and all, so it just happened that the Dead Wings were just starting to get decent in 92 with Fedorov, etc. In fact, I think that's the year they beat the North Stars in a 7-game series coming back from 3-1 down.

And they're talking for the WC both Cheli and Lindstrom are playing... I need freakin' Osgood to come back and get his GAA to about 2.50 - but when he got hurt, I picked up Mason from CLS - 3 straight shut outs!!!

When my 57" widescreen dies, I'll look into getting an HD set next and it's going to have to be the same size or bigger.. I'm thinkin' like a 62" or 65" at the most... But you still can't get that feel from the TV when Ovie's got a breakaway, the entire crowd gets to their feet yelling like crazed monkeys and he deaks it past the goalie who's thinkin' "ohshitohshitohshit" :p That goal Ovie had the other night against Buffalo at home (12/26) was BEAUTIFUL to see in person...

I predict a 10 point Falcons victory over AZ on Saturday afternoon, as we all celebrate football and metal in Marietta that day! GO DIRTY BIRDS!
I also predict a 3 point victory for SD over Indy in the nightcap.:kickass:

I'm predicting a NYG/CAR NFC final and a TEN/PIT final in the AFC. I HOPE the Falcons go very far, though. I want Tennessee to win it all this year, as I always say whenever my beloved Cowboys aren't a part of the big dance.

So much for my Colts - Panthers prediction. The Chargers pulled that out.

I have 24 people coming to my house tomorrow to cheer on the Eagles. Go Birds!

Steve in Philly