Where's the good new stuff ???

Soon to be released on September 12th

Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls

What a fantastic album. Very progressive and melodic.
A wonderful mix between Symphony X, Journey and Dream Theater
If you are into great vocalists and progressive music check out this album.

http://www.myspace.com/officialsw

Soon to be released on September 12th

Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls

What a fantastic album. Very progressive and melodic.
A wonderful mix between Symphony X, Journey and Dream Theater
If you are into great vocalists and progressive music check out this album.

http://www.myspace.com/officialsw

I agree totally. I downloaded a few days ago and already is on my wishlist, as a matter of fact I like it more than its predecessor. A band really worth watching on. Thanks for bring it up Hawk :saint:

I have mentioned them at the "Hauls" thread too, but let's give them another chance.

Final Answer, a project with members of bands from West and Central Macedonia (Greece) have released a very good heavy/power metal album called "Visual Maze".

You can listen three of their songs here: http://www.myspace.com/finalanswer

For the American residents who maybe like the songs, I think that the CD is available through CD Baby.

I agree with Hawk , on a few of his picks.

Lately I've been listening to ( all 2008 releases ) :

Here's the new, good stuff...in my opinion.

Arsis
Dismember
Danko Jones
Kataklysm
Zimmers Hole
Death Angel
Venom

Yea I have to check out Danko Jones.
I have not heard anything from him yet.

Origin and Arsis owns.

They sure do buddy. How are you? Good to 'see' you again! :)

Busy slaving for uncle sam at camp atterbury going on my 3rd year of active duty here for the army reserves. You should check out a band called Denial Fiend it features two guys from Massacre and it has an old school death metal feel with Horror Punk lyrics and choruses.

I just picked up Motorizer today. I thought there was as a thread about it...Anyway, it's really good. After one listen I think it's as good as Inferno, which is saying a lot, since I consider that the best album since Orgasmatron. very catchy, varied, heavy songs. Some old school Motorhead chord progressions too. The song One Short Life is a modern Motor-classic ala In The Name of Tragedy. Buried Alive is bitchin' too...It's really freaking heavy too. The album I mean. I really like it a lot. Lemmy, the man has not made a truly bad album.

I've heard good comments about it, but I'm surprised I've hear no raves yet, as I'm finding this incredibly good!

The new Dream Evil is really good. The compilation CD is great (a bunch of unreleased and rare-japanese tracks). I've heard half of it, but the several new songs are pretty good. Also, one of the songs called "Bringing Back the Metal" is the best rip off of Judas Priest's Exciter ever. :)

I've yet to watch the DVD but the live CD (the audio from the concert) sounds damn good.

The new Dream Evil is really good. The compilation CD is great (a bunch of unreleased and rare-japanese tracks). I've heard half of it, but the several new songs are pretty good. Also, one of the songs called "Bringing Back the Metal" is the best rip off of Judas Priest's Exciter ever. :)

I've yet to watch the DVD but the live CD (the audio from the concert) sounds damn good.

Even if I believe this thread is more to discover new bands and albums, I agree that the new DE is great. To me the compilation CD is the value, being the concert and the DVD the bonus material. I'm in the process of acquiring it after listened to the downlowad once.

The concert sounds AMAZING. The guitar tone is the heaviest I've ever heard in my life (Even heavier than on their records). Production is top notch and the band is tight as hell.

Are you talking about the cd concert, or the DVD? I might get this just for the DVD concert, if the video and audio is up to par. I really loved Dragonslayer, but lost interest in them after that (songwriting didn't seem as strong on subsequent albums).

The sound is identical to that of their albums - after all, it's Nordstrom! I've yet to actually see the concert, but I'm sure it'd be decent. The bonus disc with their unreleased material is really good too.

The sound is identical to that of their albums - after all, it's Nordstrom! I've yet to actually see the concert, but I'm sure it'd be decent. The bonus disc with their unreleased material is really good too.

I see it the other way around, to me the bonus discs are the concert and the DVD, while the unreleased material is the main dish :)