Where's the good new stuff ???

I don't know if this qualifies as "Old School" cause it's newer bands I'm about to list. I've been checking out band thanks to myspace, I've found a few.

Cripper - http://www.myspace.com/cripperthrash

I sent away to Germany to get their CD. 1st impressions, "Holy $hit, they stepped out of a time machine from 1985. 100% Thrash Metal, Old School. Chic singing, you'd never know though.

Luna Mortis - http://www.myspace.com/lunamortismusic

(aka Ottoman Empire) Just got signed with Century Media. Another Chic singing, but she can sing brother!

You can check them out for free.

Thrash Hard!
OMM

I see it the other way around, to me the bonus discs are the concert and the DVD, while the unreleased material is the main dish :)

I agree, but the main point of this set was to release a live concert. The disc with new and rare material was due to many fan requests, so it's a "bonus" in terms of the release.

TSO, I'll letcha know when I watch the DVD.

I agree, but the main point of this set was to release a live concert. The disc with new and rare material was due to many fan requests, so it's a "bonus" in terms of the release.

TSO, I'll letcha know when I watch the DVD.

Same here the haul, it's on my way.

the new Ironsword is finally out and owner of Shadow Kingdom Records who released the album compares it to 84 Slayer and 87 Manilla Road...it better come in the mail today :worship:

Just got a promo of the new Helstar... Sounds very very good at first listen !!!!!

king%20of%20hell_sml.jpg

TSOutcast, the Dream Evil DVD's pretty good. Pro-shot and brilliant production, but the editing is too fast for my liking. Plus in a lot of places, there appear to be lip synching (or studio vocal dubs). I'm not a huge fan of rapid-fire camera angles on concert DVDs. (Operation Livecrime is a good references of what this DVD is like).

If you can get it for a reasonable price, I see no reason why not to get it . There are a bunch of easter eggs in the package (music videos, band interviews, etc.)

On a side note, I picked up AMOLAD by Maiden and I rather like it after not listening to it for a year. (Breeg, to my ears, is the best song they've done in over a decade). Makes a great album to drive around with in the car.

As far as new stuff, I'm looking forward to the new Edguy disc, as well as the new Queensryche concept album (which will likely be in 09/10) and H&H.

TSOutcast, the Dream Evil DVD's pretty good. Pro-shot and brilliant production, but the editing is too fast for my liking. Plus in a lot of places, there appear to be lip synching (or studio vocal dubs). I'm not a huge fan of rapid-fire camera angles on concert DVDs. (Operation Livecrime is a good references of what this DVD is like).

If you can get it for a reasonable price, I see no reason why not to get it . There are a bunch of easter eggs in the package (music videos, band interviews, etc.)

I hadn't see the DVD yet but the concert is great and the archive tracks are demolishing, used many so far in my tape recordings already. :headbang: I've got at at a great price on Laser's Edge (lasercd.com).

The new Helstar sounds like Slayer... not sure if that's a good thing at all. One of the best things about the old Helstar albums is the sharp, clean sound and now it's been replaced with this downtuned tough-guy production.
It's basically the same sound as in Sins of the Past, so if you liked those re-recordings (a lot of people did) King of Hell is worth listening to.

But hey, I've got the album pre-ordered anyway. :loco:
There's an Angel Witch cover on the limited edition cd!

Thanks, Brandon. I hate that bullshit MTV video-style editing too. Slowly, it's becoming less annoying to me as I get used to it, but I'll still take the old school video editing style any day. My attention span is longer than 2 seconds and all that flashing threatens to send me into seizures even though I'm not epileptic. I think I'll get this though, as I'd love to see Dream Evil live in a concert setting.

This sounds good !!! Thraaaaaash !!!

http://www.myspace.com/warpathuk

Helstar isn't that superb after a few listens, but still alot better
than the 7 Witches stuff I think.

A woman in the Evil Masquerade forum (which I attend) aslo is a fan of Warpath and has been "pushing" them unto me for awhile, I hadn't look upon us yet since their album is only available in Europe (or at least UK) yet.

Just discovered "Bigelf", a US band that has a new album "Cheat the Gallows". Awesome early 70's style of Symphonic-Doom-Artrock-Metal...Something Black Sabbath mixed with the Beatles, and Uriah Heep blended with Pink Floyd . There are some freakin' heavy pieces on there that gave me goose bumps !! Sounds like an undiscovered 70's gem ! Really an album you guys need to check;
http://www.kerrazy-torrents.net/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=76879

or a quicker listen at http://www.myspace.com/bigelf
... And if ya like it...BUY IT !!

Some more good stuff comin from Masterstroke. More Masterplan kind off stuff. Sounds good at first listen !

Oh yeah, got a first listen at the leaked AC/DC.... Also had one listen; a few lesser songs but also a bunch of real good songs, certainly some of the best songs since the 80's !! Need to give it some spins, but I'm sure it will even get better...but first need to spin that Bigelf again :)

Downloaded the new Bob Catley album. I'm very impressed with it. It's 1/2 of PC69 in the band. Great songs. Nothing groundbreaking in the hard rock / power metal genre, but it's rock solid enough to please.

I'll likely be picking it up in the near future.