Where's the good new stuff ???

Damn more doom and more thrash my economy is going to collapse :p

Anyone that listened to the new Battleroar album?

75.jpg

For me, it's the biggest heavy metal surprise of the year so far. Absolutely brilliant heavy metal.

For me, it's the biggest heavy metal surprise of the year so far. Absolutely brilliant heavy metal.

They are similar to what? What about their previous two albums?

75.jpg

It's on my shopping list, Hyrkanian Blades is an amazing song and they were really good at KIT too despite the crappy time slot.

Fans of Tad Morose/Masterplan/Evergrey -type stuff would do well by checking out Masterstroke - Sleep. It's actually from 2007 but I just got around buying it myself, good powerful metal. They are Finnish, yes, but don't let that fool you because they're not in the vein of Strato/Sonata. They supported Jon Oliva's Pain in Europe recently so maybe some of you have already seen them, I'll be checking them out live in August myself.

http://www.myspace.com/masterstrokefinland

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the new Battleroar...I think over time it will be in my top5 for 08, defitenely the best power album of the year

@ Wyvern: Battleroar play a type of epic/power metal. Not similar to anything. Their first two were mostly in the Manilla Road/Cirith Ungol vein, but the new one has more catchy and fast songs. Listen before you buy, though.

Has anyone heard the new Sabaton (The Art Of War). Sounds just like their other albums but there's nothing wrong with that! I really dig this band!

sabaton.jpg

@ Wyvern: Battleroar play a type of epic/power metal. Not similar to anything. Their first two were mostly in the Manilla Road/Cirith Ungol vein, but the new one has more catchy and fast songs. Listen before you buy, though.

id disagree, id say their last is more Jag Panzer and their latest is more Manilla Road. A pretty solid MR cover on there too

I'm downloading it. Thanks for the advice

Has anyone heard the new Sabaton (The Art Of War). Sounds just like their other albums but there's nothing wrong with that! I really dig this band!

I received my copy two days ago, I would have put the spoken parts separated from the songs like mini-clips in case you don't care and just go for the music, but yes the album is very good. 'Cliffs of Gallipoli', 'Panzerkampf', '40:1', 'The Price of a Mile', 'Firestorm' are love at first sight :loco::headbang:

Several I'm really enjoying right now:

Dokken - LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN
MSG - IN THE MIDST OF BEAUTY
Benedictum - SEASONS OF TRAGEDY
Dominici - 03 A TRILOGY PART 3
Whitesnake - GOOD TO BE BAD

Startin' on a new batch of 'em tonight,
I'll post when I've given 'em a good listen...

I had been listening to the new Battleroar, it's not bad but doesn't hook me up immediately (like Sabaton does for instance). I may get it likewise with Alestorm debut.

For the guitar-freaks there's a superb new instrumental album from Italian Marco Sfogli. Very recommended, this surely will end up in my 2008 top 5. He also played guitar on James LaBrie’s “Elements Of Persuasion”.

marco_hope300.jpg