Which band has the catchiest riffs?

Dvoters

There is a rain falling
Feb 24, 2002
Canterbury, UK
www.morphusmachine.cjb.net
To me it would probs be Bal-Sagoth :)lol:) or Immortal.
Some Opeth ones are sorta catchy, but not the type that just constantly stick in your head for ages.

Heh, I remember about 2 years ago, my mate first listened to In Flames' Biosphere, which to me was the ultra-catchiest tune ever, and it was stuck in his head constantly for about a year!! :lol:

What you guys think?

\m/

Originally posted by BigFakeSmile
arch enemy catchy

LOL. They put-out some of the most lame, uninspired riffs i've ever heard. The Amott brothers write boring-ass melodies.

I'd say Suffocation, Blood Red Throne, Soilwork, Morbid Angel and Broken Hope.

Eiffel 65 maybe!
Britney Spears' "Overprotected". I think I heard that song once or twice and I could sing it! Too bad it's sucks!
Beatles' "Yesterday". I remember I hadn't heard it when I was in the 5th grade or something. I then heard it once or twice or something and I could also sing it.

well, i really like arch enemy... but i dont think catchy implies exciting and inspired -- it sticks in your head, has hook-y bits

Originally posted by BigFakeSmile
well, i really like arch enemy... but i dont think catchy implies exciting and inspired -- it sticks in your head, has hook-y bits
Exactly! That's also why I posted what I did! I don't like any of the shit I posted!
When I discuss music with some guys I know and I say "That song sucks" they always say shit like "But it's catchy". So what?! More or less every hit that has ever been made is catchy!

well, i can usually have any song I want playing in my head, but it's probably most often "Minus" by In Flames, or the new Underoath CD, and any random Opeth song

Originally posted by Board
Exactly! That's also why I posted what I did! I don't like any of the shit I posted!
When I discuss music with some guys I know and I say "That song sucks" they always say shit like "But it's catchy". So what?! More or less every hit that has ever been made is catchy!

Yeah...smallpox is catchy, that doesn't mean it's good!

The opening riff of The Voices by Enslaved has been ringing in my head since I first heard it a couple of days ago, and I certainly don´t mind it.