Which band has the catchiest riffs?

how about the classics.. Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, or for non-metal (or maybe metal to some people) AC/DC?

as far as "extreme" stuff goes.. In Flames definitely.

pretty much most of the melodic death bands like in flames, soilwork, arch enemy, dark tranquillity, at the gates. There's some catchy acoustic lick on the newest agalloch album. And, i'm being serious, papa roach (their first album). There's some really catchy licks on songs like 'last resort' and 'blood brothers'

Originally posted by x_0PETH_x
well, i can usually have any song I want playing in my head, but it's probably most often "Minus" by In Flames, or the new Underoath CD, and any random Opeth song

Strange, "Minus" is a song I've never heared so lot :confused: but some other In Flames songs are really catchy, like "Black and White", "System" and "Clayman" :D

1.In Flames (yes the older stuff....but reroute to remain is full of catchy riffs all over the place)
2.Soilwork
3.Immortal (SOND)
4.Children Of Bodom (all those keyboard fills)
5.Meshuggah

In Flames have some of the catchiest riffs ever, thats why they are one of my favorite bands.... but I disagree with most people about early In Flames.... It's good, but really not that catchy.... In fact Jester Race and Lunar Strain are my least favorites by them.... I think they got really good with Whoracle.... "Jotun" has without a doubt the catchiest riff ever......it's awesome....

Opeth also has some really cool catchy riffs....as well as Iced Earth and Slayer....

Devin Townsend!

Infinity is filled with nothing but chunky/catchy riffs. I dare you to not love the opening riff of Bad Devil. :D

i have also previouslt had Amorphis' "Black Winter Day " stuck in my head for ages.....very catchy....also In Flames ' The Hive"...or "Moonshield" :headbang: