which band is going to knock our socks off!!

Pain Of Salvation!!!!!!!!!!!

Angra in second, though.. I've seen them live 4 times, and they rule! Aquiles Priester is a fucking awesome drummer, you guys will see... Kiko loureiro rules as well.. =)

Originally posted by Demonspell
Zero Hour will definitely be the band that causes the most polarization between the prog diehards and the power fans who are going just for Blind Guardian and/or Gamma Ray... :)

Nah, I think that will be Reading Zero. I'm a power metal fan first, prog second, and I love Zero Hour. Reading Zero, however, does absolutley nothing for me. Nothing at all.

Seen half of the bands that will play already in the past year and of course everybody has his own favorites but i think it will be a close battle between

-PoS
-Angra
-Silent Force
-Threshold

For me the gig earlier this year of Silent Force/Angra was the best gig this year until i saw Star One a few weeks ago, so expect some great shows in 3 weeks :)

Henk

There's just so many great bands that are going to be playing that I don't even think ONE in particular will blow everyone away, I may be wrong though...as I didn't think Angel Dust was going to be as much fun as they were last year.
With that said, the bands I'm expecting to blow me away are Gamma Ray and Angra.

Originally posted by General Zod
First off, I thought it was Angel Dust who stole last year’s show (not that Evergrey, SX, Kamelot and Ark weren't all awesome). Although I would have listed Angel Dust as my 5th favorite band among the 10 that performed at PP 2.0, they came through Earth Link Live like a freight train, and left the place a smoldering wreck.

...I believe it will be Edguy that will be this year's Angel Dust...

I agree totally on Angel Dust. their performance was light years ahead of anyone else's, energy-wise. and I also agree with Edguy, so now my vote is split three ways between them, Devin, and Gamma Ray. Note that i'm voting on the band the band that will just come crashing right through the place, not the one that will just stand up there and try to impress you with their presence or their music, as i expect Zero Hour and Blind Guardian, though excellent bands both, will be doing. (and like Kamelot and Symphony X, though also both excellent, did last year) (particularly Kamelot, those guys just weren't moving at all hardly) I expect Angra will be somewhere in between; their stuff just doesn't have the raw power to it that those three bands i mentioned have, in my opinion.

I am not familiar enough with Threshold, Silent Force, or Pain of Salvation to make any guesses, and from what I heard of Reading Zero I'd expect their set to be like Nightingale's was last year: probably cool if you're a fan, but really boring if you aren't into that sort of thing.

also, i have never seen any of the 10 bands live, these are just guesses.

Ryan

I'm Looking forward to Silent Force and Zero Hour the most. Followed by BG and GR, then Edguy. Reading Zero seems fair. Threshold holds nothing for me. I think Devin Townsend will be interesting, but I don't like growl vocals, so if there is any of that, then I'll not be too, too interested. I'm editing and entering Angra in here - They seem okay, I'm sure they'll be better than I think.
Definitely, my money is going first to Zero Hour and Silent Force gear and tunes.

Did I already say "Silent Force will blow you away"??

I can't believe people were surprised by Angel Dust! I EXPECTED them to rule the weekend and they did. As with this year, I EXPECT SF to rule the weekend and Gamma Ray to come in a close second.

Originally posted by 97reb
I think Devin Townsend will be interesting, but I don't like growl vocals, so if there is any of that, then I'll not be too, too interested.

Devin very rarely growls, unless you consider his shouting to be growling. most of his vocals are fairly clean, as he demonstrated he is highly capable of on Vai's "Sex & Religion", among other things. regardless, almost all of the sounds that come out of hs mouth are on a well defined pitch of some sort.

Ryan