Which Band Would You NOT MIND SO MUCH If They Stopped Making Music

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
Obviously inspired by Blue Jay's thread. I looked at my collection and saw lots of bands that I wouldn't be so down in the dumps about if they stopped making music. Either because the music they make now sucks, or the direction they're taking is indicative that they won't ever make another album as good as some of their earlier material.

There are the obvious ones who used to be good but are crap now.

In Flames
Slayer
Children of Bodom

But then there are those bands you do like but you feel that are past their peak, so you wouldn't be disappointed if they stopped making music. Here's my list.

Dimmu Borgir
The Kovenant
Mayhem
Opeth
Rammstein
Samael
Vader
Zyklon

Cannibal Corpse needs a different drummer. I don't see how someone could possibly think paul is a good drummer.

Well, I'm not even going to bother listing bands I hate, so I'll stick with bands which have at least one (usually more) album I enjoy. Ironically, some of these bands released some of my favorite CDs of all time:

Amorphis
Darkthrone
Katatonia
Entombed
Atrocity
Sepultura
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Megadeth
Black Sabbath
Slayer
Anthrax
Sinister
Napalm Death

I think Opeth still have a lot of quality music left in them, but I wouldn't be dissapointed if they stopped, they're one of the greatest metal bands and will never be forgotten.

In Flames - Unless they can somehow go back to their old sound, and improve the vocals I don't see much hope for them, still Come Clarity was an improvement.

I think Slayer have done all they can for the American Thrash scene and have left their mark.

Trivium, I'm still praying for that plane crash :)lol:)

I think Maiden should finally put their instruments down, they've been one of the most influential heavy metal bands and they will always be remembered. Besides, they're getting old :saint:

I still think Slayer still has some good music now. Sure God Hates us All and Diabolus in Musica were average but I really like Christ Illusion. Best since 94 and yes i liked Divine Intervention. I serious do not know why it's so hated. IMO it's one their best albums.

Iron Maiden (nothing great since powerslave)
Dimmu Borgir (stormblast was thier only good album)
Satyricon (nothing good since Shadowthrone)
Metallica (nuff said)

thats all i can think of right now.