Which bands have the best vocal harmonies?

Opethfan1980

Jaded and Gaunt
May 8, 2002
California, USA
sunsetfuneral.iuma.com
I'm not talking about canned, shitty, studio produced harmonies, i.e. the Backstreet boys.

I'm a huge sucker for pure, killer, three part, solid vocal harmonies.

There are few things in music that I like more than hearing a perfectly done harmony, ala The Eagles or Crosby, Stills, and Nash.

This is probably why I'm such a fan of Porcupine Tree.

So, which bands do you think do the best natural vocal harmonies.

Harmony? hmm.. well I think Chris Hall from Stabbing Westward has some killer vocal harmonies, he's still basically my favourite vocalist. Not speaking from an educated opinion here because I don't know much about singing, but his appeals to me the most.

Into Eternity's album "Dead or Dreaming" has some pretty sweet vocal harmonies since they have like... 43583980 vocalists in the band... or 3, whichever. Well, a lot of the time they just do kick ass vocal trade-offs, but they rock nonetheless. And they're metal to boot! Fun for the whole family.

AMEN TO ALICE IN CHAINS!

I don't know how many people are singing on Novembre's soft parts because I'm too busy saying "holllyyyyy shit!," but they're really impressive.

Pain Of Salvation's pretty hardcore sometimes, like on say...WATER (I think). NEUROSIS i like sometimes, even though they're very very atonal (like on Falling Unknown). Novembre's Novembrine Waltz is definitely cool. Alice In Chains of course, GARBAGE I like, and I also like the overdubs on the growls on some Opeth songs (like the beginning of "The Moor") just cause of the way they overlap. Yep.

there's this local emo/indie rock band here called Whence He Came that i've seen live a couple times and they are fucking amazing.

They have some songs on kazaa so check them out. My favorite would probably be 'The Dream'

Lacuna Coil. In fact, that's why they appeal to me so much. Their harmonies have that indefinable *something* that gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes.

And of course Alice in Chains. And Days of the New's second album, with the female vocalist.

Into Eternity's album "Dead or Dreaming" has some pretty sweet vocal harmonies since they have like... 43583980 vocalists in the band... or 3, whichever. Well, a lot of the time they just do kick ass vocal trade-offs, but they rock nonetheless. And they're metal to boot! Fun for the whole family.
Hell yeah! :D