Which CD should I get next?

Embalmer

New Metal Member
Jan 7, 2003
Amboy, Illinois USA
Visit site
I became an Opeth fan when my friend lent me BWP. I got that CD, and could not make myself eject it from my cd player! Anyhow, I totally hail Deliverance - my favorite track being #5 (can't think of the title now). I have purchased my ticket to see them in Chicago, and was wondering about the next Opeth CD I should get. I have heard Still Life, and like it, but also have heard some songs from MAYH (someone explain this title) and seem to like them. What would you recommend my next purchase be?

Depends on what you're looking for, if you like the heaviness of BWP and Deliverance, I would go with My Arms, Your Hearse (MAYH)...if you're more into mellow stuff, go with Morningrise or Still life. If you're digging intertwined guitar melodies à la Iron Maiden, I would go with Orchid. Anyway, you can't go wrong with any of them...

Next you should get..

Still Life
Then My Arms Your Hearse
Then Orchid
and last:

Morningrise (it is probably the hardest to get into, and also probably the softest besides damnation which will be out March 2003)

BUT, my all time favorite is EASILY Morningrise.

Originally posted by Smitty
Next you should get..

Still Life
Then My Arms Your Hearse
Then Orchid
and last:

Morningrise (it is probably the hardest to get into, and also probably the softest besides damnation which will be out March 2003)

BUT, my all time favorite is EASILY Morningrise.

You read my mind, but either way you go you can't lose.

I would buy Still Life next. TheLedTool is right, you should go backwards from Deliverance to Orchid...