Which concerts are you going to see?

Originally posted by rahvin
"with butter"? :p

rahvin.
no, actually with horns. :p

edit: keratas=man with horns on his head. the horns are a result of his wive's adultery. if that makes any sense to non-greeks. :p

Originally posted by rahvin
i'm going to see paradise lost in milan on march, 13th. that's good news. i would have thought about going to see katatonia too, but i don't really want to be there when opeth are playing...

I think I could tolerate Katatonia for an hour or so, if Opeth were on the same show - but, alas, Opeth won't come to Finland! What a surprise! :mad: If I ever meet the guys who decide where DT and Opeth are playing... (add sounds of Brootalh Death Metalh here)

And if the rumors that PL won't play any of their pre-Draconian Times stuff live are real, I really wouldn't go see them. Sure, there are a couple of good songs on One Second, too, but going to a concert for two or three songs really isn't my cup of tea...

-Villain

@villain: unfortunately pl seem to be destined to play only songs off of records i don't like that much. i'm a fan of "host", but they hardly ever play any songs from it. then i'd like to hear songs from "icon", but that's pre-draconian times stuff so another no-no. of course i'm gonna settle down for the noisy and repetitive songs from "believe in nothing" and "symbol of life", but there's no telling how i long for the quieter, darker stuff that i'm not going to hear. :cry:

however, i decided to prowl gigs this year, so i'm going no matter what. :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by Villain
And if the rumors that PL won't play any of their pre-Draconian Times stuff live are real, I really wouldn't go see them. Sure, there are a couple of good songs on One Second, too, but going to a concert for two or three songs really isn't my cup of tea...

-Villain

PL played "As I Die" when I saw them open for Opeth this year -- but that was the only pre-Draconian song that they did.

I'm going to see Potent Minds and Base 2 on March 7th :headbang:

I've known Base 2 for many many years, probably 5 or 6. I learned about them because my dad worked with 3 of the guys in the band "Sci-Fi Lullaby, which changed their name when another band with the name threatened to sue. This should be fun :)

Steve

it's not looking too good for the Abyss Fest in Indy this Saturday. i've done spent all my allowance. actually i've spent allowance i haven't even received yet. :cry: it's waay out of hand. overspending on the fun stuff has taken its toll.

i may have to go into a social coma for a while to get back on track. :guh:

here's this weekend's possibilities should i continue on the road to financial ruin

Friday - Highspeedirt & The Four Horsemen (again). muahaha! :D

Saturday - Abyss Fest (Indy) OR Twelfth Gate (Penny Road Pub) OR Gorespawn, et al (RockHouse) OR The Pretenders (but it's sold out, so that's no longer an option)

Sunday - Malevolent Creation et al (RockHouse)

@rahvin: here you can find the latest news about gods of metal. i'm too lazy to write all that here in english. :p
anyway, i have no more interest in it, the possibility that i'm going there is around 1%. ;)

Miolo

@miolo: thanks a bubu. pretty depressing indeed - besides, i still think i'm better off going to leipzig on that very same week-end and seeing tons of ebm/gothic bands. ;)
there is no band i'm interested in seeing live at the gods of metal. they're probably in league with the people who invented valentine's day.

rahvin.

@miolo:
@hiljainen:

i see we're all here doing nothing on a saturday afternoon. ;)
are you two coming with me to see paradise lost on march, 13? it's a thursday. i can provide rides for the needy.

rahvin.

@rahvin: if you provide me some paradise lost (and if i actually like them :p ) cds, i may come. btw, it would be a chupi day since i have no lessons on friday morning. ;)

Miolo

Originally posted by Miolo
@rahvin: if you provide me some paradise lost (and if i actually like them :p ) cds, i may come. btw, it would be a chupi day since i have no lessons on friday morning. ;)

right, i'll get you a cd with pl mp3's this very week if we get to meet each other. of course i have to work on friday morning, but there's no helping some things... *sigh*

rahvin.

:cry: this reminds me i might want to watch the tiamat+lacuna coil show, but i'm not really familiar with any of those bands. :/

Originally posted by Siren
:cry: this reminds me i might want to watch the tiamat+lacuna coil show, but i'm not really familiar with any of those bands. :/

right, i'll get you a cd with tiamat+lc mp3's this very week if we get to... uh... nevermind. :p
but i can send some through irc.

rahvin.

everyone is going to shows and i'm not... :cry:
there's about two reasons for this:
- there are no interesting shows in my area
- even if there were, all i do is falling asleep in clubs when i go out at night, lately... i've slept through metal gigs, reggae shows, and even one punk night... what's the use of going out if all i do is sleep?