which drum software

Superior is overrated. Well, it is VERY good, but Addictive Drums is easier, cheaper, lighter and better.

It also depends what you are looking for.

If I'm not mistaken both have demo versions, just try them.

You can still use Trigger with the MIDI In feature, with an instance for every channel, and set the MIDI output to those tracks.
Print afterwards. That's what I always do, even for Joey's cymbals.

MIDI-in feature does not always line up perfectly with the MIDI notes in Pro Tools when you print to file. The problem seems to be intermittent, and I'm not the only one who has been affected by it. Buffer size seems to have something to do with it, though.

It's just you.

:lol:

@ the other guy: If you're not a fan of the pitch, you can always adjust it in SD2's GUI. Keep in mind you need to adjust/mix the top and bottom mics ... depending on how you do that it can have wildly different sounds. More body to a snare can give it a "lower-tuned" feel even though the pitch/note hasn't been adjusted ... one of my favorite snares from MF (the Ludwig Supraphonic 402) can have a real thick sound with some nice transients that sounds lower tuned when mixed one way, then you can make it sound like "a wood block" if you really wanted to with that top mic giving it a hell of a crack. That's the beauty of raw samples ... YOU get to create the sound :yesway:

As far as the being endorsed thing, yeah I'll gladly whore the shit out of Toontrack :D I should have specified that I started on Acoustica Beatcraft :)goggly:), went on to the original DKFH, then went through an experimental phase where I was trying out a bunch of stuff (no homo). I played with AD for a while. I'm not bashing it at all, but it was too limited (i.e. amount of samples, velocities, etc) and the drum sounds weren't what I was looking for. I also toyed with BFD2 for a spell, but again, I didn't really enjoy it so I went back to using Toontrack stuff. The only thing that comes close and that I rather enjoy is SSD (I'm REALLY looking forward to SSD4 ... whenever that comes. Steven Slate is the man). I'm really wanting to experiment with SD2.0 and SSD in combining samples, but I'll have to wait until I get my hands on SSD3.5 (or 4 ... HURRY UP STEVE!)

If you are looking for Room/Overhead mics, go with SD2.0 ... either the Avatar or MF kits really for the OVH, Toms should be Avatar (sorry MF), and the snare/kick is really up to you. You can always try blending samples as well :)

Now you guys know random Snapple cap trivia tidbits about me .............................................. are you making this face: :Smug:

there's a beta version already...but apparently it's only working on Kontakt4 I think, so I can't even test it myself (only have 3.5 or something).
but some ppl are beta testing it, I haven't forced the devolopment of this any further though, since atm I'm losing money by selling my samples (don't ask, the tax system is really fucked up...even if just a single person buys a pack for 10€ in malaysia or something I'll have to pay a tax lawyer to fill out my tax forms etc for that country...same goes for every country I've been selling samples to...and that's just a small part of the whole tax/vat-shit...) anyways, this will be perfected one day, if you wanna try the BETA version just shoot me a mail