Which Drummer

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
Which drummer would you like to see with saxon ?

After Listening to Pete, Nigel, Fritz, and now jorg, Behind the saxon kit,

Id have to say the new guy jorg from what ive heard of the lionheart album

I think jorg gives saxon more power drum wise.

I have liked all saxons past drummers but jorg gives them something that little bit extra. I read that fritz might be coming back to saxon in the future, nothing against fritz good drummer but if i had a choice jorg would stay with saxon.

what do you guys think ?.

I shall provide an opinion on this as soon as I listnen to - and absorb - 'Lionheart'.

I really hope Jorg works out with the band, long term, but he is going to have to really impress me to alter my opinion that Nigel Glocker was the best Saxon drummer.
I think we have seen the last of Fritz - a statement saying that he may return in the future is more like a message that he did not fall out with anyone in the band - he simply left to do other things and will not be coming back. After all, I don't think he had any real input into the songs (unlike Gill & Glockler) and, although he was a decent drummer, his style never really screamed out.
Somehow, I can't see anyone missing the talent of Durham - I'm sure he is a decent drummer, but Destiny may as well have had a drum machine on it! And I really didn't think too much of the gay stick twiddling! Very Eighties!

Being a drummer myself but speaking from a fans view and having never heard Jorge play in order from top to the bottom It would be.....

1. Nigel
2. Fritz
3. Pete
4. Nigel D

saxon747rock said:
Which drummer would you like to see with saxon ?

After Listening to Pete, Nigel, Fritz, and now jorg, Behind the saxon kit,

Id have to say the new guy jorg from what ive heard of the lionheart album

I think jorg gives saxon more power drum wise.

I have liked all saxons past drummers but jorg gives them something that little bit extra. I read that fritz might be coming back to saxon in the future, nothing against fritz good drummer but if i had a choice jorg would stay with saxon.

what do you guys think ?.

I probably agree with you on that, RicknRoll.

I like Pete Gill's style - very much a Rock style. Simple but very effective. But, technically, Fritz was a better drummer.

On the other hand, Nigel Glockler has a style that is very distinctive - he's one of the few Rock drummers that you can identify instantly. He has many elements to his style - just listen to 'Solid Ball Of Rock', 'Warrior' and 'Sailing To America' to hear how diverse his range is! The guy can play like Phil Rudd one moment and then transform into Neil Peart the next! Yet you can still hear his style in the sound!

Yeah I think Jorge and Fritz come from similar back grounds in that they both have or play in progressive rock bands I've heard some of the stuff that Fritz has done when he played in the progressive rock band called 'Eloy' and it is pretty impressive stuff .

However, after seeing him in DVD I'm convinced he's damn good for example.. Dogs Of War "Explosive"! he is.

But as in my previous post Nigel G was the first time I ever saw the mighty Saxon and was blown away so.. you could say that I'm kind of partial Nigel G.

Haven't heard Jorg's stuff in Saxon yet, but some in Stratovarius and he's a good drummer.

It's hard to choose one drummer for Saxon, because everyone has his style in the songs. Like, how would it sound if Nigel Glockler played Sea of Life? I think that Saxon has had good drummers all the time, and there's not possible to choose one.

f... the bast... from the f...ing second-hand-band

fritz is the only one who deserves to be the drum-king @ saxon

fritz ?

come back !!!!!!!!!!!!!

we miss you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we will NEVER accept these f...ing leasing-drummer

NEVER !

Mmmmm.... You seem a little passionate on this subject, Mr Saxonator!
The simple truth is that Fritz has gone. I know it's hard to take, but you've just gotta come to terms with it, Dude!
Anyhow, I'm sure the new drummer is going to work out fine. If he doesn't Biff is going to be the first person to let him know about it!
Fritz is a great drummer but, like Mr Crusader, I've always wondered how Nigel G would have sounded playing on some of the recent stuff.
About Jorg - I got my 'LionHeart' CD this morning! Whoo-Hoo! I flicked through the tracks on my drive to work, so I couldn't listen to it all, Darned it! But, from what I've heard so far, Jorg sounds cool to me. Loads of double bass drumming going on there!