Which European SymX Show(s) will you be attending?

Which European SymX Show(s) will you be attending?

• 18 October / Mean Fiddler / London, England

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 19 October / Elysee Montmartre / Paris, France

• 20 October / Effenaar / Eindhoven, Holland

• 21 October / Melkweg / Amsterdam, Holland

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • 22 October / Biebob / Vosselaar, Belguim

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 24 October / Z7 / Pratteln, Switzerland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25 October / Transylvania / Milan, Italy

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 26 October / Transbordeur / Lyon, France

• 27 October / Le Rockstore / Montpellier, France

• 29 October / Republica / Valencia, Spain

• 30 October / Ind. Copera / Granada, Spain

• 31 October / Aqualung / Madrid, Spain

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 1 November / Jam / Bergara, Spain

• 2 November / Razzmatazz 2 / Barcelona, Spain

• 3 November / Barbey / Bordeaux, France

• 4 November / Le Splendid / Lille, France

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Time for the usual tour poll..which shows(s) (you can pick more than one) will you be attending? Use this thread to make plans to hook up with other Xers..

A North American tour poll will be posted in a few weeks, so please don't post in this one about US/Canadian shows.

I'll be at the Melkweg. Just a bad thing that you haveta buy some shitty membership card next to the concert ticket for the Melkweg.... idiots.

MindBend said:
I'll be at the Melkweg. Just a bad thing that you haveta buy some shitty membership card next to the concert ticket for the Melkweg.... idiots.
Yeah it sucks, but i prefer to pay this extra money to the venue instead of a more expensive ticket at a much larger venue like Ahoy or HMH.

I love venues with the size of 'De melkweg' or 'Paradiso'.

see ya there

Henk

Havermout said:
Yeah it sucks, but i prefer to pay this extra money to the venue instead of a more expensive ticket at a much larger venue like Ahoy or HMH.
Ticket prices generally depend on the promotor of the event, not the venue. The size of the venue does not have a very large direct influence on the price of a ticket. In general the larger the venue, the higher the ticket price, but that's simply because the bigger bands who tend to play larger venues often command higher ticket prices.

For instance, I was at the Spock's Beard gig in the Tivoli in Utrecht yesterday, and while Tivoli is smaller than the Melkweg, the price of admission was ten euros higher than that of the SymX gig!

And next to "service costs" (what service??) and outrageous ticket prices in general (thanks to Mojopoly...), I for one am more than miffed at this idiotic membership fee that some venues impose...

But all that boring stuff aside, I guess I'll "see" you in the Melkweg!

MorphineChild205 said:
None of them. I only wish I could be present at one so I could see what the awesome European SyX audiences are like!

Very bouncy. *grin*

Actually, it was more of a Stratovarius audience than anything, but I saw a handful of SX shirts in the crowd, and European audiences will hoot and holler for EVERYBODY, from the lowliest opening band on up, unlike we snobby Americans. :)

jaimek said:
European audiences will hoot and holler for EVERYBODY, from the lowliest opening band on up, unlike we snobby Americans. :)

That's what I like about the European metal scene. They'll give everyone a chance.

I would have said London but i can't go which sucks the biggest ass in the world. Saw them in march of this year which makes up for it a bit, could have been sym x twice in a year though! Rats. I hope they come to the UK again :)

London gig 2morra night, starts about 6pm which leaves a good few hours to hit the pubs and get totally wankered. Now thats my kinda night.

We should all meet up in the Ben Crouch pub on Tottenham Court Road, it's a metal sort of place, and we can drag the guys there when they've finished playing, yeah that'll happen!!

Eindhoven!!! My former hometown. Born and raised there. I kinda miss it.

The place were I will see them "de effenaar" is great! In February of 1979 I saw the Scorpions perform there with Michael Schenker on guitar [I also saw the Sex Pistols there in Jan 1978]. He had just left UFO and would play only two gig's with the Scorpions. Eindhoven and Amsterdam :)