Which festival is shaping up best thus far?

Which festival looks best right now?

• Sweden Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wacken Open Air

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Party San Open Air

• Rock Hard

• Summer Breeze

• Metalliga Open Air

• Atarfe Vega Rock

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Ragnarok

• Metal Mania 2006

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Masters of Rock

• other/write-in

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
hahahaha ... you should have just named yoursefl BonJovisuperfan#1 ....
madeinnewjersey ...

lurch70 said:
i would pick the one in the Czech Republic ... the quality of the women there is just fantastic

It truely is rediculous the amount of amazingly hot broads walking around in Prague. Its bananas.

B0000897EG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

MadeInNewJersey said:
Someone has missed the pun.

MadeIn = Maiden

FUCKING GET IT?! :tickled:

hhahahahaha ,,, no! :loco:

at least MaidInNewJersey ... like Maid In Manhattan ...

I am thinking to chanhe mine to Petrol Pete

lurch70 said:
hhahahahaha ,,, no! :loco:

at least MaidInNewJersey ... like Maid In Manhattan ...

I am thinking to chanhe mine to Petrol Pete

That's why it's a pun!

I'm "made in" New Jersey, and "Maiden" as in, Iron Maiden. Oh, forget it. You probably can't even hear me up there in the stratosphere.

Petrol Pete would be cool though. Pastepot Pete would be cooler (bonus points to whomever catches the reference).

MadeInNewJersey said:
Gods of Metal announced their first bands today:

Gamma Ray (headliner)
Testament (headliner)
Dimmu Borgir (headliner)
Sonata Arctica
Vision Divine
Angra

The only problem I have with Gods of Metal is that you only get like 10-12 bands or something. That formula works in the U.S. where you are confined to one stage and indoor venues that hold 2,000 people or less, but when you make a pilgrimage to a huge 40,000 person outdoor festival in Milan, Italy - it needs to have multiple stages and more than 20 bands minimum. I want to be able to space out my relaxation time with my "energy" time without having to worry about missing most of the bands you want to see.

Jason

Dark One said:
The only problem I have with Gods of Metal is that you only get like 10-12 bands or something.

Yeah, but all are A-list headliner type bands. Gods of Metal is a good nostalgia show if anything.

The lineup so far looks ok, but not even close to '05 or '04.

JayKeeley said:
Yeah, but all are A-list headliner type bands. Gods of Metal is a good nostalgia show if anything.

Absolutely, no question. But in order to see all of those "A-list" bands you have to simply stay in front of the stage the entire time. At most other major European fests, you have tons of time to hang out, chill, drink, etc., and STILL not have to worry about missing a large percentage of bands that drew you there in the first place, A-list or not.

JayKeeley said:
The lineup so far looks ok, but not even close to '05 or '04.

Agreed. If there WAS a year to go (and I would still like to someday), this is not it.