Which festival is shaping up best thus far?

Which festival looks best right now?

• Sweden Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wacken Open Air

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Party San Open Air

• Rock Hard

• Summer Breeze

• Metalliga Open Air

• Atarfe Vega Rock

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Ragnarok

• Metal Mania 2006

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Masters of Rock

• other/write-in

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Dark One said:
Absolutely, no question. But in order to see all of those "A-list" bands you have to simply stay in front of the stage the entire time. At most other major European fests, you have tons of time to hang out, chill, drink, etc., and STILL not have to worry about missing a large percentage of bands that drew you there in the first place, A-list or not.

Oh right, yeah then screw that because I'm not going to a beer drinking outdoor festival in sunny Italy without some downtime between bands etc.

Absolutely, no question. But in order to see all of those "A-list" bands you have to simply stay in front of the stage the entire time. At most other major European fests, you have tons of time to hang out, chill, drink, etc., and STILL not have to worry about missing a large percentage of bands that drew you there in the first place, A-list or not.

or just be 6'7" and see the show standing anywhere :loco:

foa2006_preview.jpg

http://www.united-metal-maniacs.de/

:kickass: :headbang:

GRASPOP METAL MEETING

Line-up looks pretty damn good...

http://graspop.be/

Friday 23 June
WHITESNAKE - LACUNA COIL - SATYRICON - MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP - MOONSPELL - EVERGREY - EDGUY - TRIVIUM - Y&T - LEAVES' EYES - LEATHERWOLF - THE GATHERING - GOJIRA - 36 CRAZYFISTS

Saturday 24 June
GUNS N' ROSES - KORN - SOULFLY - OPETH - MY DYING BRIDE - NILE - OBITUARY - ALICE IN CHAINS - THE NEW YORK DOLL'S - STONE SOUR - BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE - DEICIDE - AKERCOCKE - BLOODSIMPLE

Sunday 25 June
MOTORHEAD - SAXON - CRADLE OF FILTH - IN FLAMES - HELLOWEEN - ARCH ENEMY - AFTER FOREVER - EXODUS - ARMORED SAINT - DRAGONFORCE - IGNITE - ENSIFERUM - MACHINE MEN

because festival promoters want to pull in the dreadlocked poor-poor-pitiful-me youths of world. sad indeed...

So I'm going to Download festival this year, as I did last year. The line-up is lame, but people I know are going at least so it's bound to be lots of fun. Music festivals aren't all about the bands after all. Three days camping in a field getting drunk is always going to fun!

So here's the line-up: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/

Actually just looking back at that line up and it really isn't very good! But here's the bands I will probably check out: Tool, Guns & Roses, SYL, , In Flames, Opeth, Soilwork, Cathedral, Dragonforce, plus a few more. I haven't actually heard recent output from any of those bands (apart from IF) to be honest :erk:

Haha Steve Harris's daughter is playing, she's kind of hot actually.