Which Katatonia vocals do you prefer?

Which Katatonia vocals do you prefer?

• Clean - (eg. Sweet Nurse)

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • HArsh - (eg. Without God)

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
It depends on the day I suppose, but I voted for harsh. I liked the music that was made with these vocals very much. As I said, it depends on the day, but right now I am sticking with the harsher vocals.

Clean. they fit the music much better, especially on BMD, the growls on that one are a HUGE weak point for me as they don't mesh well with the trance like feeling of the album. that and i'm not a huge fan of Akerfeldt's growls (except in Bloodbath), Jonas's would have been better.

This was tough for me but I chose clean. Probably JUST because they have released more clean vocaled stuff. The harsh definately (IMHO) fit the older style and the clean fits the new. I just have more listening options for the clean vocals so thats what I chose. Jonas has come a long way with his vocals in the clean style. With the old style there is only so much you can do with it, therefor limiting the music.
Dont get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy the growls as well, but I have enjoyed the progress he has made in his clean vocals.
Anyway yes, I prefer the clean.

i have to go for Jonas' clean voice. as it's said, his growls fit Katatonia's older style very well, the represented atmosphere as well, at the same time i can't imagine their newer stuff otherwise than lined with clean voice, the way Jonas do it more moving and deeper ever since. i've discovered the band with DO so it's like a brandmark for me, clean vox has always the priority like.

Clean of course. I mean, how could there be any comparison? Jonas' harsh vocals I thought reached their peak at his origin, on the Jhva Elohim Meth demo. He is most definitely at his emotive apex when he croons in his commanding and desparate clean delivery.

I enjoy them both. I love Mikael's "distorted" (as credited on the Brave Murder Day) vocals and feel that they fit well. Jonas' distorted vocals work with the old style as well. His clean vocals complement the new school Katatonia.

Different styles, both excellent.

Harsh and Clean and whatever else. The harsh vocals wouldn't fit in that good with the music now though.

As a growler, Jonas is above average for sure, but nothing spectacular. His clean voice is something very unique however, so I vote for cleans.