which Saint cd is best?

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com
I’ve never really been an Armored Saint fan, all I’ve ever really known about them is that John was in the band and I think I saw them in a Hellraiser movie.

Now that $cott and Charlie have taken my favorite band that I have supported for the last 12 years and turned it into a lame nostalgia trip, I’m asking the question. Which is the best Saint cd to pick up?

All of them are great IMO. March of the Saint may sound dated to younger ears but still rocks. I say start with Revelation and work your way back.

I think it was Hellraiser 3 they were in along with Triumph.

Symbol of Salvation is hands down my fav above any of their other albums. There's something magical about that album. The writing, performance, the guitar playing and in particular the solos are outstanding. Production was awesome. John's vocals were intense and melodic as always, but more so than anything else they had done I think. Just a great all around Armored Saint (heck, METAL) album. After that, Delirious Nomad.

MetalAges said:
Symbol of Salvation is hands down my fav above any of their other albums. There's something magical about that album. The writing, performance, the guitar playing and in particular the solos are outstanding. Production was awesome. John's vocals were intense and melodic as always, but more so than anything else they had done I think. Just a great all around Armored Saint (heck, METAL) album. After that, Delirious Nomad.

Well said, and the magic of that album was the band pulling together and recording the best of their career in light of the death of Dave Pritchard, one of the chief songwriters.

Symbol of Salvation. It kicks major portions of ass! Also Delirious Nomads is a classic!

I have 'em all, and dig every single one from the E.P. to Revelations, but if I had to choose one..... Probably "Delirious Nomad". The overall production, John's voice is stellar and "For The Sake" just fucking kicks max-ass.

I heard 'salvation' on vinyl a few years ago and didnt care for it much, but i heard it recenlty and my ears must have matured or something cost it sounds awesome now!

Delirious Nomad! They are all great though. Funny how Delirious was the hardest to swallow when it first came out but now I rank it as their best. I think that it has some really different stuff on there... It really gave me the feel of when I first heard Metallica's Ride the lightning... different but good... almost scarry music if you know what I am saying.

Symbol of Salvation is right up there also. As someone mentioned it as the events of the time that made the band shine on this disc.

Revelation is next... Perfect next step beyond Symbol.

March of the Saint. I picked this up about a week after it came out... Back when California metal was kinda wacky I really heard a gem in the making with this disc.

Raising Fear. Has plenty of GREAT songs on it. Book of Blood is fantastic! But it was apparently a hard time for the band and it shows in the consistency of this one... It is one of those if you arranged the songs in different order, took one out (Sat. Night Special, a real snoozer of a redo for this band), the disc would be cooler.

Debut Vinyl... Short, great songs, shitty production/sound.

Nod... To me is is like one of those best of thingies!

Live Disc... Cool but I am thinking that they could picked some better songs or added some more songs.

I personally LOVE Raising Fear. I always hear thats one of their not so good ones, but I love it.

I just got Delirious Nomad... Im listening to it over and over to get used to it.

Mxgonzo said:
All of them are great IMO. March of the Saint may sound dated to younger ears but still rocks.

Yes. I couldn't agree more. Dated, but great!

I'd start with "Symbol of Salvation", then "Revelation" and "Delirious Nomad", then "March of the Saint", then "Raising Fear". Then pick up "Nod to the Old School". Try to pick up the EP too for an older, very raw sound....then the DVDs....then some shirts...and some hats....oops, sorry....Got carried away there! :loco:

Trust me, you will NOT be disappointed.
I love Anthrax with Bush, but I'll take the worst Armored Saint over the best Anthrax any day of the week.:worship:

Rock on! :headbang:

JohnThrax said:
I personally LOVE Raising Fear. I always hear thats one of their not so good ones, but I love it.

I just got Delirious Nomad... Im listening to it over and over to get used to it.

I like Raising Fear also, but it seems to have a different sound to it. John's voice is much higher than on the others, but I LOVE it!

Delirious Nomad is definitely MY favorite, can't think of a bad song on it, but if I were to recommend a "first" for someone else, I think SOS would be the most impressive to a new listener.

:headbang: