Which Sample is Better?

Which sample is better?

• Total voters
Don't know any other vocalist who can switch over from growling to singing clean melodies in that way!

You should definitely listen to some Virgin Steele, David Defeis is probably my favorite singer of all time. His vocals could only be described as angelic and demonic =D.

Wow, meeting a girl is more overwhelming than these Pyramaze songs? Either she is a real babe or your damn ugly!:)
JK-ing.:)

Well I guess both is true :lol:

Do you know a song called Dracula? True love may come only once a thousand lifetimes... That's what happened to me, she is absolutely my dreamgirl (beauty and character)! And apart from my horns, my two tails and my big yellow glowing eyes I look like an ordinary young man :)

But still these two songs are of the best I've ever heard in metal!!! :worship:

You should definitely listen to some Virgin Steele, David Defeis is probably my favorite singer of all time. His vocals could only be described as angelic and demonic =D.

I've got Noble Savage and Age Of Consent... I like his voice, but not as much as the voices of Zak Stevens or Lance... But in my opinion none of these guys have as much power and emotion as Matt! He's the only one where I get goosebumps when I listen to him (like the intro of Dracula and the awesome scream when the band enters)... guess I just like his natural middle-ranged voice! All the vocalists that are just singing in high registers start to annoy me after some time... and when they are singing in lower registers they lack of power. That's why I do not like Judas Priest, Dream Theater or Tim Owens so much. But that's just my point of view! :)

It's impossible to choose, yet I can't stop trying!

I think I may actualy tear myself apart from the inside, trying to decide.

Bit late ; Like both songs ( they just f*****g rock ), but scream in year of the phoenix just plain kicks add, pretty much whats been said already :lol: ...

I've got Noble Savage and Age Of Consent... I like his voice, but not as much as the voices of Zak Stevens or Lance... But in my opinion none of these guys have as much power and emotion as Matt!

Well, Noble Savage and Age of Consent are pretty much inferior in all ways to Invictus, The House of Atreus Act I, and Act II. Defeis is absolutely amazing on those albums, listen to for example this:

That song would be a complete masterpiece if there wouldn't be some sort of a weird effect when he sings in the high registers. The contrast between ruff voice and angelic voice is just amazing in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess both is true :lol:

Do you know a song called Dracula? True love may come only once a thousand lifetimes... That's what happened to me, she is absolutely my dreamgirl (beauty and character)! And apart from my horns, my two tails and my big yellow glowing eyes I look like an ordinary young man :)

But still these two songs are of the best I've ever heard in metal!!! :worship:

:kickass: to true love!:)

Both songs are great..but I voted YOTP just because I've been waiting a while to hear Barlow's voice on a new track and this song really delivers vocal wise. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album as both of these songs are killer.

Well, Noble Savage and Age of Consent are pretty much inferior in all ways to Invictus, The House of Atreus Act I, and Act II. Defeis is absolutely amazing on those albums, listen to for example this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7whL2TCFaE

That song would be a complete masterpiece if there wouldn't be some sort of a weird effect when he sings in the high registers. The contrast between ruff voice and angelic voice is just amazing in my opinion.

Yeah, you're right, this song is much better than I expected it to be! David DeFeis has gained some ground but for me Matt still will always be the best vocalist! He's just got so much passion in his voice, even in the spoken parts you feel so much power... My english is not good enough to describe the nuances that I like so much but these make him so special! I'll try to figure out to explain what I mean, give me some time :)

Yeah, you're right, this song is much better than I expected it to be! David DeFeis has gained some ground but for me Matt still will always be the best vocalist! He's just got so much passion in his voice, even in the spoken parts you feel so much power... My english is not good enough to describe the nuances that I like so much but these make him so special! I'll try to figure out to explain what I mean, give me some time :)

Heh, glad you liked David ^_^. And don't worry, even though Matt isn't that important to me as he is to other people, I think I know how you feel about him :). He has these characteristics that are quite rare in the metal world, things that make him stand out.

Heh, glad you liked David ^_^. And don't worry, even though Matt isn't that important to me as he is to other people, I think I know how you feel about him :). He has these characteristics that are quite rare in the metal world, things that make him stand out.

Exactly! :)

I just saw in the poll that Jonah and Toke both voted for Caramon’s Poem. May we know why? Was it hard to decide or do you have favorite songs you especially like for some reason? I’m just curious…

Once again: both songs are incredible! :worship:

Upon further listening, I would probably change my vote to Caramon's Poem. It really is an awesome tune.

However, I still can't get over the scream in Year of the Phoenix. Love it.