which SD PUs?

Jun 12, 2012
Hey Ho,

wanna change my EMG 817TW form my Schecter Hellraiser to some passive PUs. Seymour Duncan has now the Soapbar options and i think one of those would be the right choice.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/78-string/index.php?page=1

What would you suggest for me. I like the sound of Manson (expacially the golden age of crotesque), Static X, Black Sabbath ( a little much to thick ), Mastodon...

that airy stuff without getting that CHHHHHHHHH noise and those big fat palm mutes.

dont know if the distortions are the right choice because the only examples i know is not the sound that i want (ola englund, new Wayne Static stuff). I think im searching for a PAF style one. but i NEED a soapbar!

Thank you.

yeah lace is great but im from germany and the other guitarist of my band had some alumitones. They broke a half year later and support over the great sea isn that great ... thats why lace is no option ... sadly

I'm also switching the EMGs from my Schecter to some new SD pickups. In your case I would probably go with a Pegasus and Sentient combo. The pegasus has less output than the distortion and also used an alnico v magnet instead of a ceramic magnet and the sentient seems to be a blend of paf and modern sound. If you saw Ola's recent comparison you will hear that they all sound very similar, just pick the one with the characteristics that you like best.

god i was blind and didnt see the description of the sentinent. Yeah looks pretty cool -- think that would be the best choice. Thank you! Or do you think the pegasus would be a better choice .. know nothing about magnets :D ...im just looking for a bridge PU (first)

The sentient is designed to be a neck pickup but who knows, it might sound great in the bridge too. The sentient is supposed to be matched with a pegasus in the bridge for a perfect match, according to seymour duncan.