Which SDX(s) Should I Buy?

MatrixClaw

May 22, 2010
Mesa, AZ
AudioDeluxe is having a pretty killer deal on all ToonTracks products right now, so I figured I'd pick up an SDX or two, while I can get them for just over $67 each (less if you buy more than 1).

I already own The Metal Foundry, and Metal Machine (though that's an EZX). My biggest gripe about all of them, is there's a lack of really fat snares. Don't get me wrong, they sound great and cut through a mix really well, but I almost feel like there's too much pop sometimes.

After listening to some demos, the Music City one seems to have the fattest snares, and seems like it'd be pretty nice for music other than metal, as well. The kicks sound kinda wonky, but with some EQ, I feel like I could turn those into some really bitchin sounds. The other two I was looking at were the NY Studios Vol 2 and Custom & Vintage, but they sound pretty similar to the stock Avatar pack, from what I've heard of them.

What are your guy's favorites?

the nashville ezx is probobly my favorite!

All the music city samples were from the same sessions so that should be event better

Chuck Ainley is a master and the sounds are definitley bigger and fatter than the metal packs...

The toms are really great too!

the nashville ezx is probobly my favorite!

All the music city samples were from the same sessions so that should be event better

Chuck Ainley is a master and the sounds are definitley bigger and fatter than the metal packs...

The toms are really great too!

Awesome!

I've heard great things about the Nashville EZX, but I'd rather have the SDX, so I think I'm gonna take a shot!

I've always wanted to get my hands on Evil Drums, but its been discontinued for some time, and the only places that still have it.... I could buy Music City, Custom and Vintage, NY Studios Vol 2 AND Roots Sticks for the same price :\