Which string gauge does Michael Romeo use ?

Katalepsy said:
Why does it seem as though everyone has to stay in the same tuning at all times? I jump around like a friggen madman...Standard, half step, full step, one and a half steps, two steps...I believe I have tuned three and a half steps down, but that didn't last too long before I went out of tune.

But a full step down is the ultimate tuning! :headbang:
I don't know about you but if I want to go to a different tuning, it means I have to re-setup my guitar. Which includes truss rod and bridge adjustments. I'm really not a big fan of doing that stuff.

I got a quick question. Why do symphony X use C standard tuning? Why not E standard?

I mean I have nothing against symphony X using C standard because it sounds awesome, but for me I hate tuning down and such, I personally favor the standard tuning anyway.

bball_1523 said:
I got a quick question. Why do symphony X use C standard tuning? Why not E standard?

I mean I have nothing against symphony X using C standard because it sounds awesome, but for me I hate tuning down and such, I personally favor the standard tuning anyway.

They don't use C standard. They use D standard.

all you need to know is that i play a strat and i'm ALL METAL!!!

i have a jackson that is as metal as it gets (a freind thought it was even MADE of metal.."it IS the ultimate metal guitar, after all its made of metal!!"...no), and i play as much metal on both.

you just have to upgrade your bridge pickup if you haven't already...you're getting nowhere on rhythm w/ a low out put single coil (or 2 at once)

The_Accolade said:
all you need to know is that i play a strat and i'm ALL METAL!!!

i have a jackson that is as metal as it gets (a freind thought it was even MADE of metal.."it IS the ultimate metal guitar, after all its made of metal!!"...no), and i play as much metal on both.

you just have to upgrade your bridge pickup if you haven't already...you're getting nowhere on rhythm w/ a low out put single coil (or 2 at once)
any suggestions on what i should get?