Which SymX show(s) will you be attending? (part 2) *note changes as of 10/23*

Which SymX show(s) will you be attending? (part 2)

• 11/30 - Dallas, TX

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 12/1 - San Antonio, TX

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 12/3 - St. Louis, MO

• 12/5 - Detroit, MI

• 12/6 - Cleveland, OH

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 12/7 - Chicago, IL

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 12/8 - St. Paul, MN

• 12/11 - Seattle, WA

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 12/13 - San Francisco, CA

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 12/14 - San Diego, CA

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 12/15 - W. Hollywood, CA

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'm splitting this into two threads, so if the show you plan to attend isn't here, check the other thread. You can use this thread to make get-together arrangements, or just to see who'll be where! So how about it, which show(s) will we see you at?

This poll permits multiple choices for those of you attending more than one show..

Note as of 10/23: The Pomona show has been cancelled, BG & SymX will be playing in San Diego on 12/14 instead.

Yeah, but I'm still attending it.
And I don't care matter if I'll have to take drastic measurments to get the tix. They won't be getting away this time.

Originally posted by ytsejamr
I'll be attending the Cleveland show...anyone else???

I'll see you there, Chris..I'm flying out for the Cleveland and Chicago shows!

I'll also be at the San Francisco show. :)

Sweet! It'll be good to see you Jax. Actually, I might see you before that, since I just snagged a gold badge for ProgPower! Hopefully everything will come together and I'll make it to Atlanta...

:)

I'm from just outside of Detroit, but I'll be going to the Cleveland show because I have class until 8:30 on that Thursday. So I figure I'll drive 3 hours to Cleveland the following day so that I don't miss anything!!

I heard something kinda vexing about the European tour. There's a rumor about Symphony X supporting Stratovarious, and... can't believe it. How the hell a band like Stratovarius, whose career is mainly based on a bunch of, say,
decent songs, could be remotely compared to the brilliant masterpieces Symphony X use to do?

I expect Symphony X in a solitary gig, doing a great live show similar to the two ones that Dream Theater did here this past february.

|ngenius.

They are, indeed, touring with Strato. I imagine they'll do some shows on their own over there eventually, but for now, it's a tour with Strato. Better than no SymX shows at all, wouldn't you say?

Well. I'm not that sure. I saw Symphony X live the past Machina 2001 Festival, here in Spain, and despite of the quality of the show, I expected more stuff. But well, it's normal, in a festival every band should share the short time available.

On the other hand, I don't care if Stratovarius play, if Symphony X are the head of the show. Otherwise, you're paying to watch a short exhibition by the band you're going to admire, and endure the rest (or come out).

|ng.

Seattle should be the best show...It's in a club that's about the size of my house. It's going to be awesome!!!! Have any of you been to a small show with Symphony X before? I'm wondering, since they're opening for Blind Guardian, if they'll come out after their set...

I think their opening for Blind Guardian in Toronto..If they are, I'll go to it. I'm not really a fan of Blind Guardian, but I definately am a Symph X fan!!

Originally posted by mark_bwaite
I think their opening for Blind Guardian in Toronto..If they are, I'll go to it. I'm not really a fan of Blind Guardian, but I definately am a Symph X fan!!

They're opening for BG on this entire tour. ;)