Which was the very first metal band you've listened to?

Metallica '91 and well actually I forgot which were those days...

fathervic (still loving first five metallica albums)

Greetings.

Blind Guardian proved me that metal wasn't necessarily "dishwasher music" as I liked to call heavy metal (I knew people who listened to Carcass, gimme a break). First album I bought was Moonspell's Wolfheart back in 1996. Then my tastes went in every direction, metalwise and non-metalwise.

Blue Moon (who seems to be back from the dead... or the other way around)

Started on metallica before highschool....moved to pantera, then slayer, iron maiden, and few others....my friend found Dimmu, Emperor, Iced Earth, and Opeth at the same time I found DT, Therion, the Kovenant and Blind Guardian...and the happiness that ensued :lol:

~Kovenant (who the dead seem to be back from?)

Originally posted by mousewings
The first metal band I heard and liked was Corrosion of Conformity way back in 1995 when I was 11. I saw them on television and was amazed.

It changed my tastes in music as I listened to pop/alternative/trendy music before that. Now I listen to rock and metal. :D

Same with me, I picked up Deliverance and loved it:D , but my first metal band would have to be Sepultura and Maiden.

Greetings.

Kovenant84 : err... Well, it was a bad sentence.

Blue Moon (who seems to be back from the dead, or who's back here with the dead, depending on your point of view)

(sheesh, that has much less impact, but at least it works)

roxette <> metal
brian adams <> metal
guns 'n roses <> metal
so i guess it started with metallica.
kill me. but i feel no shame :)
first cd was San Fancisco Live '85, but i had tapes before that.

Originally posted by VultureCulture
roxette <> metal
brian adams <> metal
guns 'n roses <> metal
so i guess it started with metallica.
kill me. but i feel no shame :)
first cd was San Fancisco Live '85, but i had tapes before that.
why is everybody embarrassed about liking old metallica? just because they are doing what they are doing now:(

Fuck it, I'll be honest..

My mom was big into hair metal, so when I was a wee lad, I was into bands like..

White Lion, Ratt, Dokken, Whitesnake, Nitro, Hanoi Rocks to name a few.

So those were the first metal bands I got into, and hey they all pretty much have bitching guitar players, so I guess it wasn't that bad hehe.