Which was the very first metal band you've listened to?

LadyCal

Friend of Maurice
Apr 29, 2002
GerHeiEpp
www.enteringeternity.de
Don't know if this has been here before...
Which has been the first metal band you have ever listend to and at which age?
The first one I listend to was Iron Maiden ( guess most people started with the Maiden) at the age of 5 or 6.And there was also Kiss (if those could be mentioned).

LadyCal (alwasy wanna know everything ;) )

Hmm...I don't know which one it was but some of these: Iron Maiden, Testament, Megadeath, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath...and there might be others too. I was really young, about 3 yrs old I think. There were some metalheads living on next door and, as I was curious, I visited them every day and they played me nice music :)

rahve, you ain't gettin' the drift: life ENDS with gothic metal, or at least that's what the initiated would say :tickled:

still, my first heavy metal was maiden too, and i was aged around 11 or something. but what must be mentioned is that on my first high school day i sort of signed the most relevant contract of my life (ie i started talking to rahvin) with an idiotic come-on: "do you listen to heavy metal?". that was it. :lol:

i still remember the frabjous day when he introduced me to the almighty MANOWAR - he gave me this "kings of metal" tape and i was just so happy :)

hyena (bu are the days)

Originally posted by hyena
i still remember the frabjous day when he introduced me to the almighty MANOWAR - he gave me this "kings of metal" tape and i was just so happy :)

same here with the piratesque running wild: we were spending our first days in high-school in fascination over both manowar's and running wild's power metal tapes as if we were the luckiest bubu in the world, unbeknownst of what would happen to us in a decade or so: rant about it every godgiven day. :)

rahvin.

Iron Maiden's "Fear of the Dark" got me into the world of metal when I was 13 years old.

Then Helloween, Manowar, HammerFall etc.

My cousins got me into Metallica when I was about 11. From there it went to Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden, Then my friend at school gave me 'Heartwork' and it was all downhill from there :D

I think Metallica, Sepultura, Slayer, Maiden, Sentenced and Pantera were the first bands I listened to. That was not so long ago, maybe only 2-3 years. Then I started digging deeper and deeper into... umm.. depths of heavy tunes and as I now look above, no rays of light reach me anymore :p

I have always listened to any kind of metal. My brother started to listen on it when he was 5 or 7 years old, and he is 5 years older then me. I remember when The Final Countdown came, and then did I listen to it alot, and that started my interest in metal. But the first records I bought was Metallicas cd's (I don't remember if it was ...and justice for all or the black one). I always took my brothers records, if you look on the old vinyldiscs can you see which one I played alot ;)

EDIT: I do now remember that it was the black album with Metallica that was my first record :)

The first metal band I heard and liked was Corrosion of Conformity way back in 1995 when I was 11. I saw them on television and was amazed.

It changed my tastes in music as I listened to pop/alternative/trendy music before that. Now I listen to rock and metal. :D